Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Kitchen Appliances

In message , john
writes

"Martin" wrote in message
news
I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and was looking for some
advice on kitchen appliances specifically a dish washer, fridge and
freezer
all fully integrated.

Are there any good websites I can use to search for kitchen appliances

Natural drying uses the heat from the final rinse - so it isn't purely
natural.

Go for one with a delay start and then you can make use of your night tarrif
if you have one.

All are pretty much the same - I would suggest in order:

1. Appearance (does it suit you)
2. Internal layout - is it what you need
3. Efficiency Rating.
4. Cost.

8. Manufacturer's name.
9. Promises
10. Extended warranty

You should get 5 - 8 years out of one. But budget for 4 years. If you get a
really costly one - will you still love it in 8 years time when new features
are around?

New features?

We are on our third DW, the first was a Zanussi that was 13 years old
(and secondhand) when we got rid of it about 6-7 years ago, then we got
an AEG which has been used since then interspersed with an existing
Bosch in the new house until it dies and we went back to the AEG.

The AEG is a bit more economical on water, it is lot quieter and
probably generally a bit more efficient, but in terms of a actual
working and features - pretty much the same - does anyone ever use more
than couple of the programs?

--
Chris French