john

Default Kitchen Appliances

"Martin" wrote in message
news
I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and was looking for some
advice on kitchen appliances specifically a dish washer, fridge and
freezer
all fully integrated.

Are there any good websites I can use to search for kitchen appliances
i.e.
I specify the features I'm interested in and it returns the appliances
that
match. I've tried sainsbury's, b&q and boots but they are very limited
just
a complete list of built-in.

Specifically for the dish washer I like one that dries, some websites
specify drying method: natural which I'm sure means it has no drying
capabilities. Anyway we have never owned a dish washer before so any
advice
would be very welcomed.

I should mention that the lower the cost the better, so I'm not really
interested in nice to have features just good appliances that do the job
efficiently.

If there is a better news group for this subject please let me know.

TIA
Martin.

Natural drying uses the heat from the final rinse - so it isn't purely
natural.

Go for one with a delay start and then you can make use of your night tarrif
if you have one.

All are pretty much the same - I would suggest in order:

1. Appearance (does it suit you)
2. Internal layout - is it what you need
3. Efficiency Rating.
4. Cost.

8. Manufacturer's name.
9. Promises
10. Extended warranty

You should get 5 - 8 years out of one. But budget for 4 years. If you get a
really costly one - will you still love it in 8 years time when new features
are around?