John

Default A Good Book??

Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the difference
in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these features,
Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody know of a good
book that would cover this subject please?

TIA

John

Anna Kettle

In article , djones2004
@nospam.tiscali.co.uk says...

"John" wrote in message
Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the
difference in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these
features, Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody
know of a good book that would cover this subject please?

For interior features "The Elements of Style" ed Stephen Calloway is
very good

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
Mackem

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the
difference in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these
features, Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody
know of a good book that would cover this subject please?

TIA

John

A couple here

Dave, I am also interested but that link is showing up as a 'Browser Bug'
Could you re-check it or post the name / author etc.
Many thanks

Looking for good book on wood finishing Dick Snyder Woodworking 8 August 2nd 05 10:38 AM
Good turning book? T Woodworking 7 February 23rd 05 08:07 AM
good book (plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.) *selah* Home Repair 2 November 15th 04 08:01 AM
Good Plumbing Book for Novice J. UK diy 6 January 31st 04 09:22 AM