DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Good Book?? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/129250-good-book.html)

John November 13th 05 11:55 PM

A Good Book??

Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the difference
in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these features,
Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody know of a good
book that would cover this subject please?

TIA

John

Anna Kettle November 14th 05 07:51 AM

A Good Book??

In article , djones2004
@nospam.tiscali.co.uk says...

"John" wrote in message
Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the
difference in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these
features, Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody
know of a good book that would cover this subject please?

For interior features "The Elements of Style" ed Stephen Calloway is
very good

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs

Mackem November 14th 05 11:27 AM

A Good Book??

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Not DIY I know but related, although very slightly. My wife has asked me
for a book for Xmas that gives a reasonable understanding of the
difference in architecture, i.e. Elizabethan property would have these
features, Victorian properties..., Georgian.., etc. etc. Does anybody
know of a good book that would cover this subject please?

TIA

John

A couple here

Dave, I am also interested but that link is showing up as a 'Browser Bug'
Could you re-check it or post the name / author etc.
Many thanks