*selah*

Default good book (plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.)

Would appreciate suggestions for a good book that goes into
detail on repair of all types of conditions such as: replacing
a shut-off valve on a steam radiator; fixing a faulty ignition
on a gas stove burner; repairing boilers, etc., going into
plumbing, (larger than 1/2" copper), electrical, etc.

Thanks.
Joe Bobst

Would appreciate suggestions for a good book that goes into detail on repair
of all types of conditions such as: replacing a shut-off valve on a steam
radiator; fixing a faulty ignition on a gas stove burner; repairing boilers,
etc., going into plumbing, (larger than 1/2" copper), electrical, etc.

No single book is going to do it.
Browse the stacks at your local library, not a brief half hour visit, but a
couple of hours. Take books home, read and return books on schedule, check out
more books, etc., repeat as necessary. With that background, off to Borders,
Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com to build up a library of your own. You are the sole
arbitor of where you need a knowledge base expanded. Go to trade shows, home
shows, visit construction sites (staying out of the way, of course), acquire
and peruse trade catalogs, sources like Grainger. That would be good for a
start. HTH

Joe

*selah*

I already have experience with all these things. I'm always looking
for more, and better, input. I don't, however, have time to spend 2 hours at
the library, hence, my question on this newsgroup.