J.

Default Good Plumbing Book for Novice

Anyone recommend a good plumbing book - basically want to know how to change
rads, flush the system to clear the sludge...Don't know much about plumbing
so would need good diagrams/pics to help!

cheers all

P.S. I noticed amazon do the B&Q Diy book cheaper than B&Q ... Mmmmm

Joe.

BigWallop

"J." wrote in message
Anyone recommend a good plumbing book - basically want to know how to

change
rads, flush the system to clear the sludge...Don't know much about

plumbing
so would need good diagrams/pics to help!

cheers all

P.S. I noticed amazon do the B&Q Diy book cheaper than B&Q ... Mmmmm

Joe.

Why buy the book when it's all on the internet:

http://www.diyfixit.co.uk/

http://www.diynot.com/

http://www.diyfaq.co.uk/

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Dave Plowman

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
Why buy the book when it's all on the internet:

Given that if something's worth reading and keeping for reference I print
it out, a book might well make more sense.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
BillR

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
Why buy the book when it's all on the internet:

Given that if something's worth reading and keeping for reference I
print it out, a book might well make more sense.

How true, when you're up to your whatsit in a tricky situation the net is
not an ideal source of info.

I bought my daughter the Collins DIY book... now when she rings me up with a
diy question I refer her to to page xxx :-)

Andrew May

"J." wrote in message ...
Anyone recommend a good plumbing book - basically want to know how to change
rads, flush the system to clear the sludge...Don't know much about plumbing
so would need good diagrams/pics to help!

cheers all

P.S. I noticed amazon do the B&Q Diy book cheaper than B&Q ... Mmmmm

Joe.

I have the Which? Guide to Plumbing and Heating (at least I think
that's what it's called) It was good enough for me to be able to
install a complete central heating system from scratch. Certainly
worth taking a look at.

Andrew

jacob

The '"Which" book of Plumbing & Central Heating' is good as a starting
point. I put in central heating with it's help, not having done it
before.
You'd need something better for finer details like handling lead
pipe/sheet, or for more technical stuff on alternative systems etc.

cheers

jacob
Dave Plowman

In article ,
jacob wrote:
The '"Which" book of Plumbing & Central Heating' is good as a starting
point. I put in central heating with it's help, not having done it
before.
You'd need something better for finer details like handling lead
pipe/sheet, or for more technical stuff on alternative systems etc.

I'm not sure why a book on plumbing would include handling lead sheet? ;-)

--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn