Junior Member

Smile All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation, ventalation, poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!
andy hall

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

Whether one agreed or disagreed with what she said or did, there was
never any confusion over where she stood on an issue.

It seems that being definitive is no longer a valued political
attribute.

Chip

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:30:12 +0000,it is alleged that andymason79
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!

10 years ago I would have said you were entirely barking. Now, I am
with you.

By the way.. there are rules? grin

fx=moves toaster to cover new socket in kitchen

--
The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those
which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.
Frank Erskine

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:30:12 +0000, andymason79
wrote:

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!

I'm not sure about Maggie, but somebody other than this current lot
might make some sense.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
fred

In article , andymason79
writes

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation,
poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!

--
andymason79

Wait 'til you've got your ID card matey, those trivial little annoyances will
be the least of your worries :-/
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

Chip

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:15:18 GMT,it is alleged that fred
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

Wait 'til you've got your ID card matey, those trivial little annoyances will
be the least of your worries :-/

Nah, there's nothing on the ID card that 15 seconds on high in the
nuker won't fix :-)

--
The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those
which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.
- Helen Rowland
Doctor Drivel

"andymason79" wrote in message

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

We need more judging by the shoddy cowboy work going on.

Who is with me?

Only lunatics.

Lets bring back Maggie!

Yes. let's have mass poverty and deprivation for all except the super rich.
Yes. that will put us all right. Yes, that is what we all need.

Was there a full moon recently?

Doctor Drivel

"andy hall" aka Matt wrote in message
oups.com...

Whether one agreed or disagreed with what she said or did, there was
never any confusion over where she stood on an issue.

Yep, always the wrong stance, as the poverty and deprivation showed.

It seems that being definitive is no longer a valued political
attribute.

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

Doctor Drivel

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:30:12 +0000,it is alleged that andymason79
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!

10 years ago I would have said you were entirely barking. Now, I am
with you.

So, you have turned barking in your old age too?

By the way.. there are rules? grin

fx=moves toaster to cover new socket in kitchen

You should be locked up.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork, insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

Who is with me?

Lets bring back Maggie!

I'm not sure about Maggie, but somebody other than this current lot
might make some sense.

Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland again. Oh, the
good old days.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

[ re current HMG ]
snip

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"andymason79" wrote in message

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork,

insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

We need more judging by the shoddy cowboy work going on.

Oh I agree, t'will make you unemployable though!...

fred

In article t, Chip
writes
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:15:18 GMT,it is alleged that fred
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

Wait 'til you've got your ID card matey, those trivial little annoyances will
be the least of your worries :-/

Nah, there's nothing on the ID card that 15 seconds on high in the
nuker won't fix :-)

Ok, VOT but:
The card is the tip of the iceberg, think more about:

Failure to attend an interview at a specified place and time
Failure to provide information demanded by the government
Failure to submit to fingerprinting
Failure to notify the Secretary of State of any change in personal
circumstances (including change of address)
Failure to notify authorities about a lost, stolen, damaged or
defective card
Failure to renew a card

Penalties range from £1,000 fine to two years imprisonment.

1984 + 21 = 2005, ooh, George Orwell has come of age :-/
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Cenfus

Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland again.

But the Thatcher Administration effectively ended poverty there (and
elsewhere) by bringing supply and demand for labour back into balance:
something that over-strong unions had been resisting for years.
We now have full employment; something the Germans and French can only
dream of. And why? endemic supply and demand imbalances, and an
over-regulating state.
These things tend to take decades to work through, which is why the
benefits derived from the 1979 administration only really started to be
seen in the late eighties and nineties, and the damage caused by the
Blair administration (over-regulation, pension-fund raiding,
government-sector over-manning) will take another decade to show
through in lower productivity, wealth and living standards.

Cenfus

Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland again.

But the Thatcher Administration effectively ended poverty there (and
elsewhere) by bringing supply and demand for labour back into balance:
something that over-strong unions had been resisting for years.
We now have full employment; something the Germans and French can only
dream of. And why? they suffer from endemic supply and demand
imbalances, and an over-regulating state.
These things tend to take decades to work through, which is why the
benefits derived from the 1979 administration only really started to be
seen in the late eighties and nineties, and the damage caused by the
Blair administration over-regulation, pension-fund raiding,
government-sector over-manning) will take another decade to show
through in lower productivity, wealth and living standards.

Doctor Drivel

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

[ re current HMG ]
snip

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

Jerry, I know you are hard of thinking.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

[ re current HMG ]
snip

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

Jerry, I know you are hard of thinking.

A majority of ONE in a prime HMG Bill, it's there in the records, I
know you don't like facts but...

Oh, and the withdrawal of an even more prime part of the said Bill,
'run rabbits, run'...

Doctor Drivel

"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland again.

But the Thatcher Administration effectively
ended poverty there (and elsewhere)

My God!! Not another one.

by bringing supply and demand for
labour back into balance:
something that over-strong unions
had been resisting for years.

My God!! He is on about unions and all. Not another one. The right wing
press since WW2 has made the unions the bogy men of the British economy.
Thatcher effectively ended the unions. All was going to be hunky dory and
what happened? The economy kept sliding still. So it wasn't unions after
all. It was incompetent management, of which Britain was famed for, and
political system that favours privilege (Public school/Oxbridge and all
that. Paxman puts the public schools and their influence as the cause of
the post WW2 decline of the UK)

We now have full employment;

Not due to Thatcher. If you think that get professional help.

something the Germans and French can only
dream of. And why? endemic supply
and demand imbalances, and an
over-regulating state.

Nonsense.

These things tend to take decades
to work through, which is why the
benefits derived from the 1979
administration only really started to be
seen in the late eighties and nineties,

You are deluded.

and the damage caused by the
Blair administration (over-regulation,
pension-fund raiding, government-sector
over-manning) will take another decade to show
through in lower productivity, wealth and living standards.

Damage? The longest rate of economic growth in history. And this turkey
says Thatcher did it. Please get help.

Doctor Drivel

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"andymason79" wrote in message

Especially building, gas, electric, windows, steelwork,

insulation,
ventalation, poop pipes etc!

We need more judging by the shoddy cowboy work going on.

Oh I agree, t'will

Jerry what is a twill?

Doctor Drivel

"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland again.

But the Thatcher Administration
effectively ended poverty

snip drivel

The greatest legacy the UK ever had was North Sea oil. Instead of using it
to promote industry, and advancement, education, etc; set the tone for the
future, as Norway did. Thatcher squandered the lot on paying the unemployed
on half baked economic theories that clearly were not working...but ...the
lady is not for turning. She was a incompetent idiot, with a crowd of yes
men around her. Anyone who opposed was flung out.

Blair and Brown have done wonders to get the UK where it is, when you
consider the mess they inherited.

The best government I have ever know in the UK, by a mile.

Doctor Drivel

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

[ re current HMG ]
snip

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

Jerry, I know you are hard of thinking.

A majority

Jerry, please get help.

Doctor Drivel

"Huge" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" writes:

"Cenfus" wrote in message
oups.com...

[22 lines snipped]

We now have full employment;

Not due to Thatcher. If you think that get professional help.

Oh, the irony.

Any old irony?

Brian Sharrock

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

[ re current HMG ]
snip

Intelligence, and common sense is better.

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

Jerry, I know you are hard of thinking.

A majority of ONE in a prime HMG Bill, it's there in the records, I
know you don't like facts but...

And; we actually know the name of the ONE:- it transpires that
the MP who's vote saved 'Tony' was a certain David Blunkett
- 'I haven't done nothing wrong!"- who returned to the Common's
lobby to vote for the government -without his vote it would've
been a tie.

Oh, and the withdrawal of an even more prime part of the said Bill,
'run rabbits, run'...

'in Office but not in Power ... '

__

Brian

Frank Erskine wrote:

I'm not sure about Maggie, but somebody other than this current lot
might make some sense.

Yes, keep playing the game, the duopoly game.

Lab pushes the electorate as far as it can, until eventually everyone
says "somebody other than this current lot might make some sense"

Con pushes the electorate as far as it can, until eventually everyone
says "somebody other than this current lot might make some sense"

Rinse & Repeat.

Regrettably I dont have a full solution.

NT

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...
"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...

snip

and the damage caused by the
Blair administration (over-regulation,
pension-fund raiding, government-sector
over-manning) will take another decade to show
through in lower productivity, wealth and living standards.

Damage? The longest rate of economic growth in history. And this

turkey
says Thatcher did it. Please get help.

I doubt that there will be many (self respecting) political
historians who will disagree with "Cenfus", economic growth is not
like a tungsten light bulb being switched on - more like a sodium
bulb - a dim glimmer of light slowly develops into a bright light
over time. You might be right in your suggestion that it wasn't the
economic policy put in place by Thatcher that has caused the present
economic growth but *will* have been that put in place by Mayor. All
the present Government has done is spend the wealth generated from
it... Time will tell if this administration has been economically
successful in their own right.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

snip

What, after yesterdays fiasco's?

FFS they can't even get their own MP's to support them!...

Jerry, I know you are hard of thinking.

A majority

Jerry, please get help.

It's you who needs help - in maths by the looks of it - a majority of
ONE, that is one more than no majority and considering that they
*should* be able to *expect* a majority of 66...

:::Jerry::::

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

snip

Oh, and the withdrawal of an even more prime part of the said

Bill,
'run rabbits, run'...

'in Office but not in Power ... '

I must admit to nearly spitting a mouthful of coffee over the TV when
he came out with that phrase, a certain irony in it...

dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

We now have full employment;

Not due to Thatcher. If you think that get professional help.

Has anyone actually looked at how many unemployed there are?
There are lots and there is noway we have full employment.

Tony may have adjusted the figures but he hasn't supplied any jobs.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, someone who can bring mass poverty back to Sunderland

again.

But the Thatcher Administration
effectively ended poverty

snip drivel

The greatest legacy the UK ever had was North Sea oil. Instead of

using it
to promote industry, and advancement, education, etc; set the tone

for the
future, as Norway did. Thatcher squandered the lot on paying the

unemployed
on half baked economic theories that clearly were not working...but

....the
lady is not for turning.

Err well, seeing that countries like Germany and France might well
have to go through the same economic / industry reforms that the UK
went through in the early '80's I'm not at all sure if it was
squandered - it could be, that perticular Thaterright policy was
ahead of it's time. IOW, north aea oil was what allowed us to get a
head start.

She was a incompetent idiot, with a crowd of yes
men around her. Anyone who opposed was flung out.

Hmm, sounds familiar, Blair meet Thatcher, Thatcher meet Blair...

Blair and Brown have done wonders to get the UK where it is, when

you
consider the mess they inherited.

The best government I have ever know in the UK, by a mile.

But then you are only a 17 year old counter bod...

Brian Sharrock wrote:

And; we actually know the name of the ONE:- it transpires that
the MP who's vote saved 'Tony' was a certain David Blunkett
- 'I haven't done nothing wrong!"- who returned to the Common's
lobby to vote for the government -without his vote it would've
been a tie.

In which case, the Speaker would have exercised his casting vote in
favour of the Government of the day. Ties are always resolved in favour
of the Government.

ob d-i-y: Would d-i-y government be anarchy?

Regards,

Sid

John

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article t, Chip
writes
[...]

Right down to the television cameras watching the streets of our towns and
motorists!

What we need is a political group with the determination to cut state
interference with our lives not the present crews ever increasing intrusion

John Cartmell

In article .com,
wrote:
Frank Erskine wrote:

I'm not sure about Maggie, but somebody other than this current lot
might make some sense.

Yes, keep playing the game, the duopoly game.

Lab pushes the electorate as far as it can, until eventually everyone
says "somebody other than this current lot might make some sense"

Con pushes the electorate as far as it can, until eventually everyone
says "somebody other than this current lot might make some sense"

Rinse & Repeat.

Regrettably I dont have a full solution.

The present government do. You may have noticed that they are not playing that
game. That's why there is no opposition.

John Cartmell

In article ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
Err well, seeing that countries like Germany and France might well
have to go through the same economic / industry reforms that the UK
went through in the early '80's I'm not at all sure if it was
squandered - it could be, that perticular Thaterright policy was
ahead of it's time. IOW, north aea oil was what allowed us to get a
head start.

Destroying your industry is *not* reform. Spending your capital on
unemployment benefit is *not* good sense. Most of what Thatcher did was
damaging to the country. Some of it was nasty, vindictive, murderous, and in
any equitable society she would have been hung, drawn, and quartered before
she became senile.

OK Arguably that would have been before she became PM but that's not an
argument that I'd accept. She was sane at the time of her crimes. Bad - but
not mad.

Doctor Drivel

eenews.net...

"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...

snip

and the damage caused by the
Blair administration (over-regulation,
pension-fund raiding, government-sector
over-manning) will take another decade to show
through in lower productivity, wealth and living standards.

Damage? The longest rate of economic
growth in history. And this turkey
says Thatcher did it. Please get help.

I doubt that there will be many (self respecting) political
historians who will disagree with "Cenfus", economic growth is not
like a tungsten light bulb being switched on - more like a sodium
bulb - a dim glimmer of light slowly develops into a bright light
over time. You might be right in your suggestion that it wasn't the
economic policy put in place by Thatcher that has caused the present
economic growth but *will* have been that put in place by Mayor.

That is it. Jerry please get professional help.

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

We now have full employment;

Not due to Thatcher. If you think that get professional help.

Has anyone actually looked at how many unemployed there are?
There are lots and there is noway we have full employment.

A skills mismatch. We are desperately short of building skills.

Doctor Drivel

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Cenfus" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

He is doing it gain. Jerry please get professional help.

Doctor Drivel

"John" wrote in message

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article t, Chip
writes
[...]

What might that be?

John Cartmell

In article ,
John wrote:
What we need is a political group with the determination to cut state
interference with our lives not the present crews ever increasing intrusion

That leads to reduced inspections on farms and abbattoirs; guess what happens?

If you're thinking of gas, electricity and building - I'd probably agree; but
it's better than not being able to afford to get someone else to do the work -
or even DIY - because your mortgage payments have just doubled. I'll stick
with the present lot, thanks - and tell them to think again on the bits that
inconvenience me.

John

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article ,
John wrote:
What we need is a political group with the determination to cut state
interference with our lives not the present crews ever increasing
intrusion

That leads to reduced inspections on farms and abbattoirs; guess what
happens?

Since I grew up without all the "essential" inspectors and controls and
survived I just don't believe they are needed now!
We didn't have livestock being crammed into sheds under government led
inspected conditions. We did have food wrapped in plain paper at point of
sale. We did have healthy immunity to various bacteria. Need I go on?

If you're thinking of gas, electricity and building - I'd probably agree;
but
it's better than not being able to afford to get someone else to do the
work -
or even DIY - because your mortgage payments have just doubled. I'll stick
with the present lot, thanks - and tell them to think again on the bits
that
inconvenience me.

Your chances of this control freak led lot even thinking of listening are
somewhere below the chances of a snowball surviving in hell.
I think Blair is a liar and his deputy a buffoon. At least he is now down
one crony for a while.

Ohhh ..... DAMN!! Damn, damn, damn. Broke a gear! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 9 August 11th 05 07:37 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
OT- Rules of Gunfighting Gunner Metalworking 120 October 6th 03 11:02 AM