John Cartmell

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

In article ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
Err well, seeing that countries like Germany and France might well
have to go through the same economic / industry reforms that the UK
went through in the early '80's I'm not at all sure if it was
squandered - it could be, that perticular Thaterright policy was
ahead of it's time. IOW, north aea oil was what allowed us to get a
head start.

Destroying your industry is *not* reform. Spending your capital on
unemployment benefit is *not* good sense. Most of what Thatcher did was
damaging to the country. Some of it was nasty, vindictive, murderous, and in
any equitable society she would have been hung, drawn, and quartered before
she became senile.

OK Arguably that would have been before she became PM but that's not an
argument that I'd accept. She was sane at the time of her crimes. Bad - but
not mad.