Grunff

Default Hilti TE72 brushes

Holly, in France wrote:
Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/modules/prcat/prca_fuse.jsp?RANGE_OID=20759

Might be worth calling them just to check that brushes are included in
the servicing set, but it's almost certain they are.

--
Grunff
Chris Bacon

Holly, in France wrote:
Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

That's crazy. A whole new machine when the brushes wear out? Use
it as Basil used the garden gnome.
Holly, in France

Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

TIA

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne

John Schmitt

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:39:47 +0100, Holly, in France
wrote:

Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

It is fairly clear form other posters that the spares are available. A few
years ago Kango sent new brushes gratis when our vintage unit died.
Customer service at its best. Perhaps you should sit the salesman down in
front of "Driller Killer" and see if this focuses his thoughts.

John Schmitt

RichardS

news
wrote:

Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

It is fairly clear form other posters that the spares are available. A few
years ago Kango sent new brushes gratis when our vintage unit died.
Customer service at its best. Perhaps you should sit the salesman down in
front of "Driller Killer" and see if this focuses his thoughts.

or bores him senseless.....

--

Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

mrcheerful

"Holly, in France" wrote in message
Hi all, been busy, still lurking but rarely posting. As per title,
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti TE72
breaker/drill/whatever it's called? The Hilti salesman here says they
are not repairable and we must buy a new one, but we don't believe him -
at least, not yet!

TIA

Down south you can get bits for those from Marshall and Parsons at Southend
on sea Essex

Holly, in France

http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/modules...RANGE_OID=2075
9

Might be worth calling them just to check that brushes are included in
the servicing set, but it's almost certain they are.

Thanks Grunff and others for your replies. Have emailed them but no
reply so far. I might have to get someone in the uk to give them a call,
those freephone numbers don't work from here.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne
http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr/

Holly, in France

mrcheerful . wrote:
"Holly, in France" wrote in message
please does anyone know where we might obtain brushes for a Hilti
TE72 breaker/drill/whatever it's called? TIA

Down south you can get bits for those from Marshall and Parsons at
Southend on sea Essex

Thanks, I'll see if I can track them down on the net.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne
http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr/
Grunff

Holly, in France wrote:

Thanks Grunff and others for your replies. Have emailed them but no
reply so far. I might have to get someone in the uk to give them a call,
those freephone numbers don't work from here.

Happy to do it on Monday if you'd like me to.

--
Grunff

Holly, in France

Grunff wrote:
Holly, in France wrote:

Thanks Grunff and others for your replies. Have emailed them but no
reply so far. I might have to get someone in the uk to give them a
call, those freephone numbers don't work from here.

Happy to do it on Monday if you'd like me to.

How very kind, thank you. Isn't usenet nice? :-) I'll be helping with
concrete on Monday, but if I haven't heard by the evening I'll post
again.

I also emailed a couple of other possible looking places I found, both
of which didn't stock the bits but both replied within hours. Sods
law,,,,,,

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne
http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr/

Grunff

Holly, in France wrote:

How very kind, thank you. Isn't usenet nice? :-) I'll be helping with
concrete on Monday, but if I haven't heard by the evening I'll post
again.

You're welcome. Let me know.

--
Grunff
Grunff

Holly, in France wrote:

Hereby letting you know :-) Please would you ask what the kit contains,
the price, delivery options to UK addresses and if poss the weight/size
of package to check whether someone can easily carry it on Ryanair
(preferably in hand luggage but we won't be too fussy about that!)

Hi Holly,

I've just spoken to them, and it looks like your sales guy was right -
they've discontinued the service kit for the TE72. They still list it on
their website, but don't sell it any more (the machine is too old
according to them).

Sorry :-(

--
Grunff
Chris Bacon

Grunff wrote:
I've just spoken to them, and it looks like your sales guy was right -
they've discontinued the service kit for the TE72. They still list it on
their website, but don't sell it any more (the machine is too old
according to them).

If it's just brushes, then any set of brushes that's a bit bigger
(if you can't get the exact size) can be cut down to fit. Use a
small hacksaw and a file, not "sandpaper". Don't mess about with
the commutator "while you're at it"!
Holly, in France

Grunff wrote:
Holly, in France wrote:

How very kind, thank you. Isn't usenet nice? :-) I'll be helping with
concrete on Monday, but if I haven't heard by the evening I'll post
again.

You're welcome. Let me know.

Hereby letting you know :-) Please would you ask what the kit contains,
the price, delivery options to UK addresses and if poss the weight/size
of package to check whether someone can easily carry it on Ryanair
(preferably in hand luggage but we won't be too fussy about that!)

Reply here or if you prefer to

TIA Grunff

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne
http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr/

Grunff

Holly, in France wrote:

Hereby letting you know :-) Please would you ask what the kit contains,
the price, delivery options to UK addresses and if poss the weight/size
of package to check whether someone can easily carry it on Ryanair
(preferably in hand luggage but we won't be too fussy about that!)

However, it looks like you can get them on ebay really easily:

http://tinyurl.com/chbl4
http://tinyurl.com/cfhf6

--
Grunff
Holly, in France

Grunff wrote:

I've just spoken to them, and it looks like your sales guy was right -

Yeah, that doesn't come as a total surprise....

they've discontinued the service kit for the TE72. They still list it
on their website, but don't sell it any more

Well that's helpful of them isn't it?! I wonder why they leave it there
at all, except I suppose to get leads so they can try to sell them a new
one. It was in fact from trying to get the old one fixed that the Hilti
man contacted us, so I guess it works!

(the machine is too old according to them).

By which I can only think they mean that there aren't enough of them
still working to be worth bothering keeping spares for. I've no idea how
old it actually is, but certainly we have plenty of other professional
quality type stuff of the same age that is still going strong.

Sorry :-(

Not at all, not your fault, thanks for trying.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne
http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr/

Holly, in France

Chris Bacon wrote:
Grunff wrote:
I've just spoken to them, and it looks like your sales guy was right
- they've discontinued the service kit for the TE72.

If it's just brushes, then any set of brushes that's a bit bigger
(if you can't get the exact size) can be cut down to fit.

Ah yes, that is the next step. But I know from recent experience with a
clients angle-grinder that it's not going to be easy. I have tried
everywhere I know of, including places which I was sent to by the
previous place, etc etc, in about a 50 mile radius to get brushes for
said angle-grinder. Absolutely no-one is interested in seeing the old
brushes to see what size they are, they just want the make and model of
the machine so they can order them (The client gave up in the end and
borrowed a grinder from us instead :-) And given that his grinder was
supplied new with a spare set of brushes, one more new set probably
wasn't going to last long anyway! ). It was the same when I was trying
to get a coil for an unidentifyable generator engine, but a local
lawnmower man finally took enough interest and fixed that. Maybe we'll
take out the brushes and I'll make more of an effort online to find some
of the same size. TBH we don't even know that the brushes are the cause
of the problem but it seems the most likely thing and it shouldn't be
expensive to try it and see.

I also vaguely remember seeing chuck adaptors or bit adaptors or some
such advertised, so it might be possible to use the Hilti bits on
another drill, I'll look into that too. Makita have an equivalent spec
drill which is cheaper than the new Hilti but the bits are expensive and
we already have a good range of Hilti bits......

Purdy Paint Brushes Mike Home Repair 7 February 8th 05 04:21 AM
Washing machine brushes .. T i m UK diy 1 February 4th 05 12:05 AM
Motor Brushes [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 27th 05 08:21 PM
Router Brushes Question buck Woodworking 2 December 30th 04 03:49 AM
HILTI angle grinder quality??? Jeff Dantzler Metalworking 1 August 27th 03 03:30 PM