buck

Default Router Brushes Question

I was using the router the other day and it totally quit..... I put in new
spare "carbon brushes" and everything was fine so I thought I needed new
brushes. Today I put the old brushes back in and everything is fine. Do
brushes get so hot that they shut down or something like that?? Can you
file them flat on the ends to work? Was going to order some more but
thinking I would ask here first. Probably should know this- But Don't!

-TIA

max

The brushes release lots of dust. The copper tarnishes. Get some contact
cleaner or electric motor cleaner and spray it in the brush holes towards
the armature. Hold the router up side down so the dust and liquid go out the
top. This should do it.

Router Question buck Woodworking 11 September 15th 04 01:09 AM
Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1 Greg G. Woodworking 37 January 8th 04 02:37 AM