Mike

Default Purdy Paint Brushes

I just left the Purdy website. I have more questions about paint brushes
then before I visited the site.
http://www.purdycorp.com/catalog/bru...//professional I'm looking for
the best brushes for interior latex paint. I need brushes to paint
trim with Behr latex paints. Might as well get the best brushes for oil
based too.

Please recommend which model brush to buy. I bought some "all paints"
Purdy brushes from Home Depot, but I'm willing to spend the money to get the
better brushes if they'll make a difference in the appearance of the
finished job..

Thanks,

Dr. Hardcrab

"Mike" wrote

I just left the Purdy website. I have more questions about paint brushes
then before I visited the site.
http://www.purdycorp.com/catalog/bru...//professional I'm looking
for
the best brushes for interior latex paint. I need brushes to paint
trim with Behr latex paints. Might as well get the best brushes for oil
based too.

Please recommend which model brush to buy. I bought some "all paints"
Purdy brushes from Home Depot, but I'm willing to spend the money to get
the
better brushes if they'll make a difference in the appearance of the
finished job..

cue dueling banjos

I'm not sure about the brushes, but yew shurr got a Purdy mouth..........

;-]

dadiOH

Mike wrote:
I just left the Purdy website. I have more questions about paint
brushes then before I visited the site.
http://www.purdycorp.com/catalog/bru...//professional I'm
looking for the best brushes for interior latex paint. I need
brushes to paint
trim with Behr latex paints. Might as well get the best brushes for
oil based too.

Please recommend which model brush to buy. I bought some "all
paints" Purdy brushes from Home Depot, but I'm willing to spend the
money to get the better brushes if they'll make a difference in the
appearance of the finished job..

For oil, natural bristle.

For latex, nylon bristle.
______________

Believe me, you won't get a good looking job with latex paint. It is
fine for walls, not for trim - doesn't flow/self level well.
Additionally, trying to sand it between coats or to redo is like trying
to sand an eraser.

If you want a good looking job...

1. Prime with oil primer

2. Sand smooth. *Really* smooth. Totally and absolutely smooth. Tough
to do because most primers don't sand well. Wet sanding with silicon
carbide wet or dry paper (use wet) helps.

3. Topcoat with oil paint in your preferred sheen. Flow it on like
varnish in an even coat but not so thick it runs. Tip off until it
begins to drag. Keep a wet edge.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Mike

Thanks,

Mike

"fsteddie" wrote in message
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

for latex use a purdy "nylox"

"Mike" wrote

I just left the Purdy website. I have more questions about paint brushes
then before I visited the site.
http://www.purdycorp.com/catalog/bru...//professional I'm looking
for
the best brushes for interior latex paint. I need brushes to paint
trim with Behr latex paints. Might as well get the best brushes for oil
based too.

Please recommend which model brush to buy. I bought some "all paints"
Purdy brushes from Home Depot, but I'm willing to spend the money to get
the
better brushes if they'll make a difference in the appearance of the
finished job..

cue dueling banjos

I'm not sure about the brushes, but yew shurr got a Purdy mouth..........

;-]

mark (sixstringtheoryDOTcom)

Mike wrote:
I just left the Purdy website. I have more questions about paint brushes
then before I visited the site.
http://www.purdycorp.com/catalog/bru...//professional I'm looking for
the best brushes for interior latex paint. I need brushes to paint
trim with Behr latex paints. Might as well get the best brushes for oil
based too.

Please recommend which model brush to buy. I bought some "all paints"
Purdy brushes from Home Depot, but I'm willing to spend the money to get the
better brushes if they'll make a difference in the appearance of the
finished job..

Thanks,

Using Purdy brushes with latex paint is like matching up Brad Pitt with
an ugly broad. Doesn't compute.

Aside from my laughable analogy - why in the world would you buy an
expensive brush and use garbage paint with it? Behr paint is terrible.

I highly recommend you use either of the two brands I use (Benjamin
Moore or Lowe's American Tradition), or one of the other higher-quality
brands out there. Unless Behr has changed radically over the past few
years, they were and still are the worst paint to use.
Mike

Last time I looked (last year) Behr paints got top ratings from Comsumers
Union.

Mike

m wrote in message
Mike wrote:
[...]

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
"Purdy" paint brushes RichardS UK diy 8 June 10th 04 05:03 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM
Semi OT paint brushes - types and uses Kevin Woodworking 5 August 12th 03 02:55 PM