Default Can I attach a washing machine to a sink tap?

I will be moving to a small apartment/bedsit.

There is no plumbing for a washing machine or dishwasher (i.e. for the
hoses)

John Lewis sell a very compact Zanussi washing machine and a very
compact "table top dishwasher"

Is there an "adapter" that will allow me to connect the hose (i.e.
water in pipe) of an appliance (temporarily) to a bathroom sink tap?

Would REALLY appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Christian McArdle

Is there an "adapter" that will allow me to connect the hose (i.e.
water in pipe) of an appliance (temporarily) to a bathroom sink tap?

In a word, yes, there is. In fact, you might get away with hose tap
adaptors. You can usually find one with the same external thread that
washing machine hoses like. Then you can just unscrew the hose when not in
use to get your tap back.

Christian.

Pete C

On 6 Sep 2005 15:21:33 -0700, wrote:

I will be moving to a small apartment/bedsit.

There is no plumbing for a washing machine or dishwasher (i.e. for the
hoses)

John Lewis sell a very compact Zanussi washing machine and a very
compact "table top dishwasher"

Hi,

Sounds like you need one of these:

http://www.hozelock.com/productcatalog/products.asp?range=watering&region=ROW&catno=2274& hierarchyID=1&hierarchyID2=33&hierarchyID3=35&hier archyID4=

two of these:

http://www.hozelock.com/productcatalog/products.asp?range=watering&region=ROW&hierarchyID =1&hierarchyID2=33&hierarchyID3=36

one of these:

http://www.hozelock.com/productcatalog/products.asp?range=watering&region=ROW&catno=2289& hierarchyID=1&hierarchyID2=33&hierarchyID3=36&hier archyID4=

and a _short_ bit of garden hose, so that the connections stay
inside/above the sink. Extend the washing machine hose if need be
instead of having the above connections outside the sink.

Also most importantly make sure you don't turn both taps on the same
time, as it may cause a flood elsewhere if a cold supply from the
mains could feed into a hot supply from a tank.

The table top washing machines might be a bit crap, you could end up
spending a fortune on drying if they don't spin the clothes. I'd only
have one as a backup for when a nearby laundrette is closed.

I was thinking of getting a compact washing machine, Candy Aquamatic
1000T:

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/home-appliances/washingmachines/205392/prices

I have a Zanussi DCE 5655 dishwasher which is quite good and worth a
look.

cheers,
Pete.