ben wrote:

DJC wrote:
wrote:
I will be moving to a small apartment/bedsit.
There is no plumbing for a washing machine or dishwasher (i.e. for
the hoses)

Does your lease permit you to have a washing m/c, dishwasher?
Especially one without permanent plumbing. Washing machines in flats
are an antisocial menace just for noise nuisance alone, and a
liability when the inevitable leak occurs. Be sure you have adequate
insurance for when your neighbours sue.

And how is he supposed to do is laundry? excluding the local bendix.
Personally I wouldn't even think of renting a bedsit but then again 17 ye=

ar
olds don't really have an option, how sad. Not saying the OP is 17 mind.

I think you'll find no lease, imposes a ban on washing
machines,dishwashers,tumbledryers.
However its up to the occupant to use them at a sensible time.

well said.

anyway, I think i'll settle for a condenser tumble dryer - very
slimline from John Lewis, and get a crappy "washing machine" from
amazon for =A375 - it's a very crude cheap table top washing machine but
it works.