Default Anyone brought a MFI kitchen with TESCO vouchers?

Hi.

It would appear that for =A3800 in TESCO vouchers would pay for a =A32000
total bill in MFI

How, well TESCO and MFI have a deal where each tesco voucher is worth
4x the original amount.

So, has anyone used their ?

Has anyone gone as far to try and purchase an entire kitchen with
vouchers.....

On ebay they are selling like wildfire. People making more in CASH than
the vouchers are worth face value.

The deal is that good, that I am considering trying to buy vouchers
from people as they enter the store. If I can get =A3800 worth of
vouchers, I can then order a kitchen worth =A32000.

David Hearn

Hi.

It would appear that for £800 in TESCO vouchers would pay for a £2000
total bill in MFI

How, well TESCO and MFI have a deal where each tesco voucher is worth
4x the original amount.

So, has anyone used their ?

Has anyone gone as far to try and purchase an entire kitchen with
vouchers.....

On ebay they are selling like wildfire. People making more in CASH than
the vouchers are worth face value.

The deal is that good, that I am considering trying to buy vouchers
from people as they enter the store. If I can get £800 worth of
vouchers, I can then order a kitchen worth £2000.

Considering the vouchers have the account holder's name and Clubcard
number printed on the vouchers, and the vouchers have to be sent to
Tesco for redemption (any excess is then recredited to your account
ready for the next voucher issuing), and then Tesco send you back (to
the registered account address) a printed voucher for the requested
item/company (which then needs to be sent off the the end company) - it
does seem a almost impossible to use (unless the person redeems them for
you, taking several weeks), or you basically hand over the account to
the purchaser by changing the address to the purchaser's address.

I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers
themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course,
you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered
Clubcard at the same time).

dmc

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:

Considering the vouchers have the account holder's name and Clubcard
number printed on the vouchers, and the vouchers have to be sent to
Tesco for redemption (any excess is then recredited to your account
ready for the next voucher issuing), and then Tesco send you back (to
the registered account address) a printed voucher for the requested
item/company (which then needs to be sent off the the end company) - it
does seem a almost impossible to use (unless the person redeems them for
you, taking several weeks), or you basically hand over the account to
the purchaser by changing the address to the purchaser's address.

They don't actually seem to care all that much - We redeemed some of
the mils vouchers and the days out token things came through fine.

We have had several days out for the family for nowt (well, except the
premium they stick on the food in the first place and the fact that
we are now owned by Tesco in terms of data on our habits ;-)).

I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers
themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course,
you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered
Clubcard at the same time).

Again, not true in our Tesco a while back. I handed over vouchers with
my wifes number on - they didn't match my card and at the time the cards
were not linked. The girl on the till didn't even glance at them and just
scanned the barcodes. It gave us the money off fine.

Darren

David Hearn

dmc wrote:
I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers
themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course,
you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered
Clubcard at the same time).

Again, not true in our Tesco a while back. I handed over vouchers with
my wifes number on - they didn't match my card and at the time the cards
were not linked. The girl on the till didn't even glance at them and just
scanned the barcodes. It gave us the money off fine.

Ahh, okay. It's just that our Tesco has refused to take the vouchers
without presenting a clubcard - which made me assume they would check
that the card presented was associated with the account that it was
issued to (considering, certainly in the past when I checked, the a/c
number was encoded in the barcode).

dmc

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:

Ahh, okay. It's just that our Tesco has refused to take the vouchers
without presenting a clubcard - which made me assume they would check
that the card presented was associated with the account that it was
issued to (considering, certainly in the past when I checked, the a/c
number was encoded in the barcode).

That is probably the correct policy - like I say, the girl on the till
couldn't really have looked less interested if she had tried

Darren

David Hearn wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you've never actually used the deal vouchers.

Yes, the cardholder send their initial Tesco vouchers (which ar eonly
valid in Tesco stores) back to Tesco for conversion to deal vouchers at
4x original value. This does not take several weeks at all. You then
*take* them to the end company and spend them just like you would cash
or any other money off coupon. They don't need to be sent off anywhere
(unless it's a mail order only company, of course).

I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers
themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course,
you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered
Clubcard at the same time).

Once you have the deal vouchers you just hand them over as payment and
they go in the till just like cash. No need to use or show your
clubcard at all. Some deal vouchers are specific to a single
establishment and must be spent there, others can be spent anywhere
that participates in the scheme. It would be quite feasible to trade
these on eBay for little effort on the part of the original card
holder.

MBQ

David Hearn

David Hearn wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Actually I was speaking from personal experience.

Yes, the cardholder send their initial Tesco vouchers (which ar eonly
valid in Tesco stores) back to Tesco for conversion to deal vouchers at
4x original value. This does not take several weeks at all. You then
*take* them to the end company and spend them just like you would cash
or any other money off coupon. They don't need to be sent off anywhere
(unless it's a mail order only company, of course).

In my two experiences with use the deals, it took about 4 weeks or so to
get the converted vouchers back and for the deal I was doing, they
needed to be posted to the end company which then took a while to process.

Alex

David Hearn wrote:
Ahh, okay. It's just that our Tesco has refused to take the vouchers
without presenting a clubcard - which made me assume they would check
that the card presented was associated with the account that it was
issued to (considering, certainly in the past when I checked, the a/c
number was encoded in the barcode).

I think they have two barcodes one - one unique and linked to the card,
and the other an EAN (13-digit) one which is scanned at the till. The
other is used for central accounting purposes only.
(at least that's how the Sainsbury's ones work )

alex

--
Alex Meaden
Technical Support Officer
David Hearn

David Hearn wrote:
wrote:

David Hearn wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Okay - 3rd experience now - request posted on Saturday, vouchers
received on Wednesday. That IS a fast turn around so maybe they've
improved - last time did it was a year ago. Shame they sent the wrong
vouchers (item code was 1 digit out). I'm surprising considering it is
even the name and the wrong cost are wrong (which was itemised on the
order form). Guess someone forgot to check the code, the description,
and the cost before processing! Phoned them and I need to provide a
cover letter and send the voucher back again.

The main problem is that you would have a MFI kitchen, which probably
would not fit and if anything went wrong they would be unable to sort
it out.

I speak from personal experience (Bedroom not Kitchen furniture).