dmc

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:

Considering the vouchers have the account holder's name and Clubcard
number printed on the vouchers, and the vouchers have to be sent to
Tesco for redemption (any excess is then recredited to your account
ready for the next voucher issuing), and then Tesco send you back (to
the registered account address) a printed voucher for the requested
item/company (which then needs to be sent off the the end company) - it
does seem a almost impossible to use (unless the person redeems them for
you, taking several weeks), or you basically hand over the account to
the purchaser by changing the address to the purchaser's address.

They don't actually seem to care all that much - We redeemed some of
the mils vouchers and the days out token things came through fine.

We have had several days out for the family for nowt (well, except the
premium they stick on the food in the first place and the fact that
we are now owned by Tesco in terms of data on our habits ;-)).

I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers
themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course,
you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered
Clubcard at the same time).

Again, not true in our Tesco a while back. I handed over vouchers with
my wifes number on - they didn't match my card and at the time the cards
were not linked. The girl on the till didn't even glance at them and just
scanned the barcodes. It gave us the money off fine.

Darren