DrLargePants

Default White stuff on windows

sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

Harry Bloomfield

After serious thinking DrLargePants wrote :
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

Cheap emulsion paint perhaps?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Brian G

DrLargePants wrote:
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see
in ?

Glass cleaning cream applied and left to dry! Apart from white emulsion
that is :-)

Brian G

woodglass

Probably snow - if it's mid-winter !!! :-)

"DrLargePants" wrote in message
oups.com...
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

Rod

"DrLargePants" wrote in
oups.com:

sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

Whiting - so far as I know, this is powdered chalk. Mixed to a thin cream
with water and smeared over the glass. It is possible that something else
is added (such as a touch of glue size).

However, the suggestion of pink Windolene works quite well and is possibly
slightly easier to clean off.

Whiting is also used to reduce the temperature in a greenhouse.

And it's not the question that's silly!

--
Rod

raden

In message .com,
DrLargePants writes
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

Spray on snow ?

don't forget the xmas tree

--
geoff
Rod

wrote in :

Whiting is also used to reduce the temperature in a greenhouse.

And it's not the question that's silly!

Where do you get hold of it? I haven't seen it for years.

Most of the south of England is chalk... :-)

But true - I have not seen whiting for sale for a very long time (other
than in a fishmongers). Perhaps someone else can add that useful bit of
info?

--
Rod
Aidan

DrLargePants wrote:
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows

I heard somewhere that it was soap, but I've never tried it (putting it
on windows, that is).

OG

"Rod" wrote in message
. 4...
wrote in :

Whiting is also used to reduce the temperature in a greenhouse.

And it's not the question that's silly!

Where do you get hold of it? I haven't seen it for years.

Most of the south of England is chalk... :-)

But true - I have not seen whiting for sale for a very long time (other
than in a fishmongers). Perhaps someone else can add that useful bit of
info?

I used to use it on my Dunlop Green Flash 'daps'

PJ

raden wrote:
In message .com,
DrLargePants writes

sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see in ?

The TV programme Open All Hours made a regular feature of writing on the
windows. Perhaps David Jason could help. The response from Ronnie Barker
would take far too long ;-).
PJ
Dave

Rod wrote:

And it's not the question that's silly!

I worked in the aerospace industry for many years, on fast military jets.

When a new man came to the section, the first thing I would say to them
was:-

'there is no such thing as a silly question, if you do not know and
can't find out from a book, then ask'.

Dave

ben

DrLargePants wrote:
sily question, but what's that white stuff that people have on their
windows when decorating (if they have no curtains) so you can't see
in ?

Bit of an old thread I know but I just gorra give the right answer.

Windowlene, applied wet then wait for it to dry.

From your local supermarkets or chandlers.