Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

NetComrade

Default Good manufacturer/Contractor to replace windows in a Condo in Queens, NY

Hi,

I've been 'shopping' around and reading up on windows. So far I've
found 2 places that would do windows in our building. Apparently our
building requires bronze aluminum frames (thermally broken OK). But
the two places that I found (Monda windows and West Side windows that
uses Crystal windows) don't meet my quality standards. The Monda
windows place (located in Flushing) has what i need (argon gas
windows), but when I came by to look at samples I wasn't too fond of
quality of windows. The second place (west side) does argon filled
windows, but they admit that argon will sip out in 4-5 years.
I live in a studio, and have AC/heater unit (no central heat), and my
electrical bills run as high as $300 in the winter, so I am interested
in getting quality windows.

2 quotes I got so far are 1800$ and $2200 for a 73x65 window and 72x95
sliding door.

I want to know if I have any other options in queens (there has to
be)!

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes
remove NSPAM to email
SQLit

"NetComrade" wrote in message
[...]

Try Anderson or Pella window companies. I have used both and was pleased
They are not cheap by any means and you might have to hire the installation
yourself