Ellis Greensitt

Andy,
What we trying to achieve is quite simply a forum for electricians. Whats
wrong with that ? We are looking for influential people to help us achieve
this but not at the expense of this newgroup. Why are you so defensive ?
Why not come along and help with some interesting debate.

Warmest Regards
Ellis

--

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:02:25 +0100, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

come have a look u might learn something, what u scared of ?

What is this word "u" ? Is it from Mars, where you originate
from perhaps ?

forums are not commercial, grow up

Yours clearly _is_ commercial - it's a blatant plug for your business.
You're also a spammer, and you edit postings placed on your site.

Why not just save us _all_ a load of trouble and leave now ? It's
hardly likely to reflect well on your board, your business or your
spamming is it ?

Ellis Greensitt

I admit, newgroups are new to me. What is wrong with my posts ?
You have advertised your website as I did, are you expecting a load of abuse
? or are you in the clique ?

Ellis

--

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:28:46 +0100, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

Bob,
what are you going on about ?
I dont recall admitting anything ?
You are free to post your views at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Frankly, I don't give a flying toss about your forum. I don't "do" web
fora because off-line newsgroups suits the way I work.

But for heaven's sake learn how newsgroups work, including how to post.
You are making yourself look stupid.

--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)

raden

In message , Andy Dingley
writes
wrote:

come have a look u might learn something, what u scared of ?

What is this word "u" ? Is it from Mars, where you originate
from perhaps ?

forums are not commercial, grow up

Yours clearly _is_ commercial - it's a blatant plug for your business.
You're also a spammer, and you edit postings placed on your site.

Why not just save us _all_ a load of trouble and leave now ? It's
hardly likely to reflect well on your board, your business or your
spamming is it ?

And you're just digging yourself a hole here and you really aren't
getting anywhere, are you

Just give us the £50

--
geoff
raden

In message , Nick Atty
writes
wrote:

Bob,
what are you going on about ?
I dont recall admitting anything ?
You are free to post your views at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Frankly, I don't give a flying toss about your forum. I don't "do" web
fora because off-line newsgroups suits the way I work.

And, in my experience, dry and boring

But for heaven's sake learn how newsgroups work, including how to post.
You are making yourself look stupid.

I tried ...

I pointed in the right direction

sig sep still missing

--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:08:01 +0100, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

I admit, newgroups are new to me. What is wrong with my posts ?
You have advertised your website as I did, are you expecting a load of abuse
? or are you in the clique ?

Ellis

You are top-posting for a start.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Stefek Zaba

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful posts

will
not be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and flamed.

The
professional people who began the forum believe in freedom of speech.

You know, I'm beginning to feel some sympathy for you, having let that
'professional' word roll around my head on and off during the day.

I wonder if you haven't handed over plenty of folding notes to a Web
Presence Company, who've filled you with promises about 'creating a
state-of-the art web presence with pan-national reach,
professional-quality graphics, and an interactive forum, to which we
will drive traffic through a combined-media strategy reaching out to
communities of interest which we, as Internet professionals of several
years standing, have a unique insight into'. (Most of those
twaddle-merchants went rapidly out of business when the .com bubble
burst; but maybe there's still a few trading up in Doncaster?)

For your money, you got a Macromedia Flash front-page (slowing down site
entry for all - did you ever wonder why Google keep their page so
stripped-down) which plays a Really Serious Corporate tune all the time,
but makes *you* feel good 'cuz it's got your company logo coming into
view in a Dramatic And Exciting Visual Metaphor (hello? *you're* not the
customer for the website, it's the paying punter - but you *are* the
customer for the Web Presence Company, of course); a discussion forum
which they may've charged you an arm and a leg for, but is freeware
(phpBB); and sent you off to drum up traffic in person (on the Victor
Kiam principle) without cluing you in to Usenet culture at all.

I'd say you've been had...

Stefek
Andy Hall

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 19:32:58 +0100, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

Raden,

The Forum is brand new, what do you expect ?

Why not help us to make it better ?

Give it a chance

Ellis

Give what a chance?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you edit their
posts? This is an unacceptable practice and completely debases
anything that your site carries.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Alan

In message , Stefek Zaba
wrote

For your money, you got a Macromedia Flash front-page (slowing down
site entry for all

Assuming everyone had downloaded the Flash plug-in for their browser.
It doesn't work with the latest version of Opera apart from the link to
the free beta version of the Supplychain counter
which shows the hits as:

Report for "http://www.supplychain.org.uk/index.html"

Visitors since 11-Apr-2005 : 2836
NETHERLANDS = 2752
Unknown = 41
USA = 40
INDIA = 1
AUSTRALIA = 1
FRANCE = 1

The site is aimed only at broadband users using the latest Microsoft
browser. It is a typical site designed by someone who doesn't really
need real customers to use it.

For a professional UK trading company having a org.uk domain is not
sensible. Even if people remember the name Supplychain they would guess
at the domain being either co.uk or com and give up if these two don't
work.
--
Alan

Ellis Greensitt

Thanks Alan,

Constructive criticism I can handle. Your comments are much appreciated and
I intend to act on them.
Thanks again

--
Ellis Greensitt
Supplychain(Doncaster) Ltd.

www.supplychain.org.uk
01302 761205 : Tel
01302 761206 : Fax
"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Stefek Zaba
wrote

[...]

Mike Tomlinson

In article , Nick Atty
writes

But for heaven's sake learn how newsgroups work, including how to post.
You are making yourself look stupid.

"making"? Too late by far.

Peter Parry

wrote:

Why not help us to make it better ?

I have just the contributor for you. Although generally
unappreciated here his skill and wit are without peer. His knowledge
of plumbing is surpassed only by his knowledge of magnetism and
physics.

Known as IMM or more recently Doctor Evil he would be a fine match
for your other users and I commend him most highly.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Ellis Greensitt

Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if anyone on
this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified that I had
dared to mention another forum on their precious newsgroup. They decided
that they were mighty enough to invade the forum and try to destroy it with
childish postings. They called me names, they pulled my spelling.

But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing response,
they have actually promoted the forum unwittingly.

I would just like to thank you guys, youve helped us on our way. A job well
done.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

Thanks again, feel free to keep it up tommorrow.

--
Ellis Greensitt
Supplychain(Doncaster) Ltd.

www.supplychain.org.uk
01302 761205 : Tel
01302 761206 : Fax
"ElectriciansForum" wrote in message
Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful posts will
not be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and flamed. The
professional people who began the forum believe in freedom of speech.

Thanx again

Electricians Forum
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
wrote:

Raden,

The Forum is brand new, what do you expect ?

Why not help us to make it better ?

Give it a chance

Ellis

Give what a chance?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you edit their
posts? This is an unacceptable practice and completely debases
anything that your site carries.

"Come on Fireworks, the uk.D-I-Y guys are really spoiling things here, u
can trust this forum, they dont fight fair."

"nor do they edit posts"

"You cant edit posts on a newsgroup can you ?

You can moderate a forum under attack from Black n Decker wielding
maniacs though "

.... losing the plot, I think

--
geoff
Steve Walker

Ellis Greensitt wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:03:01 UTC, "ElectriciansForum"
wrote:

Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful
posts willnot be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and
flamed. The professional people who began the forum believe in
freedom of speech.

This is the same "free speech" outfit that edited my reply to
"What is the best forum for electrcians?"...

I wrote "Well, uk.d-i-y, obviously"

It now reads "Well, here, obviously".

This is a meaning of the words "free speech" that I haven't
encountered recently. Used to be common in the Siviet Union, I
believe.

Bob,
You came to the Electricians Forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
with the sole purpose of attempting to spoil a good thing.
You are a narrow minded idiot and are not representative of the
other users of this newsgroup.

So you admit that you lied in your first claim that posts are not interfered
with, and you admit that the forum has been forging false endorsements from
well-respected people like Bob Eager? You openly abuse people, and you
spam your top-posted tripe into our newsgroup.

Well, Mr Ellis Greensitt, Managing Director, Supplychain (Doncaster) Ltd,
you're doing a fine job of destroying whatever reputation your company
previously held. I wonder how much this ill-advised adventure will cost
you and your shareholders?

raden

In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes
Thanks Alan,

Constructive criticism I can handle. Your comments are much appreciated and
I intend to act on them.
Thanks again

And get that sig sep sorted out

very simple dash dash space ("-- ")

so I don't have to see the likes of:

"
--
Ellis Greensitt
Supplychain(Doncaster) Ltd.

www.supplychain.org.uk
01302 761205 : Tel
01302 761206 : Fax
"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Stefek Zaba
wrote

[...]

Steve Walker

Ellis Greensitt wrote:
Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if
anyone on this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified
that I had dared to mention another forum on their precious
newsgroup. They decided that they were mighty enough to invade
the forum and try to destroy it with childish postings. They
called me names, they pulled my spelling.
But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing
response, they have actually promoted the forum unwittingly.

I would just like to thank you guys, youve helped us on our way.
A job well done.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are currently
the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

Bob Eager

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:28:49 UTC, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified that I had
dared to mention another forum on their precious newsgroup. They decided
that they were mighty enough to invade the forum and try to destroy it with
childish postings.

I posted once, to vote and to say my favourite place was uk.d-i-y.
That's hardlyan attempt to destroy. Didn't stop you censoring it to
reverse its meaning.

They called me names, they pulled my spelling.

Actually, you were the first person to do that. But you're rewriting the
facts as usual. And let's make no mistake - you DID edit my single post.

But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing response,

LOL! Let's see....39 posts, 12 in tne thread started by Owain. Of the 7
threads 3 were started by Ellis himself.

Amazing indeed; another 'reinterpretation' of the facts.

raden

In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes
Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if anyone on
this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified that I had
dared to mention another forum on their precious newsgroup. They decided
that they were mighty enough to invade the forum and try to destroy it with
childish postings. They called me names, they pulled my spelling.

But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing response,

Amazing response?

I saw no more than half a dozen people in there at most

I think you have an amazing ability for self delusion

--
geoff
raden

In message , Steve Walker
writes
Ellis Greensitt wrote:
Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if
anyone on this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified
that I had dared to mention another forum on their precious
newsgroup. They decided that they were mighty enough to invade
the forum and try to destroy it with childish postings. They
called me names, they pulled my spelling.
But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing
response, they have actually promoted the forum unwittingly.

I would just like to thank you guys, youve helped us on our way.
A job well done.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are currently
the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

No, c'mon. There was him, nosheds (or whoever) and fireworks (who has
just left the forum - he has better things to do than hang around in an
empty draughty room)

--
geoff

Bob Eager

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:13:44 UTC, raden wrote:

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are currently
the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

No, c'mon. There was him, nosheds (or whoever) and fireworks (who has
just left the forum - he has better things to do than hang around in an
empty draughty room)

The latest is even funnier. He is now trying to claim that the
replacement of the word 'uk.d-i-y' with the word 'here' was due to a PHP
error!

raden

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:13:44 UTC, raden wrote:

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are currently
the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

No, c'mon. There was him, nosheds (or whoever) and fireworks (who has
just left the forum - he has better things to do than hang around in an
empty draughty room)

The latest is even funnier. He is now trying to claim that the
replacement of the word 'uk.d-i-y' with the word 'here' was due to a PHP
error!

Yes - that's the point at which I gave up

--
geoff
Ellis Greensitt

perhaps you should join www.nosenseofhumour.co.uk

Come on guys, let me sleep now, youve worn me out.
--
Ellis Greensitt
Supplychain(Doncaster) Ltd.

www.supplychain.org.uk
01302 761205 : Tel
01302 761206 : Fax
"raden" wrote in message
In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:13:44 UTC, raden wrote:

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are
currently
the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

No, c'mon. There was him, nosheds (or whoever) and fireworks (who has
just left the forum - he has better things to do than hang around in an
empty draughty room)

The latest is even funnier. He is now trying to claim that the
replacement of the word 'uk.d-i-y' with the word 'here' was due to a PHP
error!

Yes - that's the point at which I gave up

--
geoff

raden

In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes

perhaps you should join www.nosenseofhumour.co.uk

Sense of humour ? believe me, we're getting a laugh watching you squirm

Still not managed to learn to post, have you ?

--
geoff

Ellis Greensitt wrote:
I admit, newgroups are new to me.

no sht.

What is wrong with my posts ?
You have advertised your website as I did, are you expecting a load of abuse
? or are you in the clique ?

Ellis

I'll make it brief for ya ellis. You got 2 options:

1. post on topic replies, not just thinly veiled ads, and include a 1
line ad at the bottom under the 2 characters --

2. Prepare yourself for the repercussions from the ukdiyers that dont
like and dont respect spam, spammers, or t-ts with nothing to say.

And contrary to your superficial observations, there is plenty of skill
and intelligence in uk-diy, some regulars here do know how to make
spammers regeret it, some are willing to take these things up with
hosts, put your potential customers off here, and create you a lot of
extra work if you continue to spam.

Its your choice, play fair or expect nothing but hostililty.

NT

Owain

Ellis Greensitt wrote:
Thanks again, feel free to keep it up tommorrow.

lowers the tone I can keep it up all week on these pills.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

still lowers the tone Me too.

Owain

Owain

Bob Eager wrote:
The latest is even funnier. He is now trying to claim that the
replacement of the word 'uk.d-i-y' with the word 'here' was due to a PHP
error!

It was the replacement of uk.d-i-y with "lamers" in my poll that I
objectulated to.

Owain

Ellis Greensitt wrote:
I admit, newgroups are new to me.
What is wrong with my posts ?
You have advertised your website as I did, are you expecting a load of abuse
? or are you in the clique ?

Ellis

I'll make it brief for you ellis. You got 2 options:

1. post on topic replies, not just thinly veiled ads, and include a 1
line ad at the bottom under the 2 characters --

2. Prepare yourself for the repercussions from the ukdiyers that dont
like and dont respect spam, spammers, or t-ts with nothing to say.

And contrary to your initial conclusions, there is plenty of skill and
intelligence in uk-diy. And some regulars are well versed in anti spam
skills, and some are wiling to put them into action if you dont behave.

If you continue as yo havr, all your potential customers here will be
put right off, as well as have a lot of antispam activity to deal with.
I havent looked your host up, but I'll bet you someone else has.

Either play fair or get nothing but hostility.

NT

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Ellis Greensitt
wrote:

Im just trying to
fit in

Hardly. You still post upside down and fail to trim a single syllable. How
is that fitting in? You seem to be just trolling for conflict, no-one who is
able to breathe unaided can be that dense.

** Would you like to learn to post effectively? **
** http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post **

raden

In message , Owain
writes
Ellis Greensitt wrote:
Thanks again, feel free to keep it up tommorrow.

lowers the tone I can keep it up all week on these pills.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

still lowers the tone Me too.

Three whole people in there at the moment ... again

--
geoff

Ellis Greensitt wrote:

Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if anyone on
this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

It caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified that I had
dared to mention another forum on their precious newsgroup.

if we permit spam we'll be buried under it, and the newsgroup will be
abandoned. Its happened to many ngs. That is why your spam is not
tolerated here.

They decided
that they were mighty enough to invade the forum and try to destroy it with
childish postings.

not at all, I read the ukdiy responses, they were making sensible
points. Admittedly not the ones youd hoped would be made, but hopefully
youll learn from them.

They called me names, they pulled my spelling.

But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing response,
they have actually promoted the forum unwittingly.

I would just like to thank you guys, youve helped us on our way. A job well
done.

Youve had a lot of publicity here, but dont overlook that all of it has
been pretty bad. Your behaviour in all of this has shown me that youre
a company I would not want to touch, one with no visible ethics. You
even falsify quotes and claims from ukdiy regulars to try to get your
way, and youre a spammer to boot. If you think thats gonna encourage
people here to switch to your co you must be kidding.

Your attempts to grow a forum are quite wrong footed. Its a difficult
thing to do these days, and you show no idea of what you need to do to
achieve it, or what blunders to avoid.

Initially I went to see if it was worth putting you on my list of
suppliers, but since then your antics here have killed that possibility
stone dead for me and almost everyone else too. Ukdiy can be a problem
for some companies, as we have a habit of telling the truth. You really
have killed your chances here. The best you can hope for is that noone
mentions you again, and that in future people will find you via your
sig, but no-one ever tells them about your slimy dishonest ways.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

I doubt it, 'any publicity is good publicity' is not true. As a
competent business person you should know that. You goofed in a way you
cant undo.

NT

Ellis Greensitt

not at all, I read the ukdiy responses, they were making sensible
points.

dont insult my intelligence, they were there for revenge
Owain was one who has posted something sensible, I do not believe I remember
anyone else.

Youve had a lot of publicity here, but dont overlook that all of it has
been pretty bad. Your behaviour in all of this has shown me that youre
a company I would not want to touch, one with no visible ethics

You were not invited to touch as such, I made some newsgroup newbie errors
and all hell broke loose ?
You know nothing of me, nor I of you. My ethics are honourable and decent.

.. You
even falsify quotes and claims from ukdiy regulars to try to get your
way, and youre a spammer to boot. If you think thats gonna encourage
people here to switch to your co you must be kidding.

Aha ! You use the word "switch" to my company. My company was not involved
and people were by no means asked to switch. I offered an additional forum
for people gain and impart knowlege not a replacement.
Are uk.d-i-y users only permitted one haunt ?
Im beginning to understand the defense mechanism that kicked in, you all
felt under attack when in actual fact, I came in peace.

Initially I went to see if it was worth putting you on my list of
suppliers, but since then your antics here have killed that possibility
stone dead for me and almost everyone else too.

Ive been a buisnessman long enough to know a blagger, whats this big order
you had lined up for me that ive blown ?

Wonder if I can guess from your email ???????

let me see now, big cat, meoww ??????

Dont tell me your the guy in the tiger suit on the frosties box who happened
to need some twin and earth ?

Ive been waiting for that order for ages !!!!!!!
Or perhaps you are the chairman of Esso ?

Ukdiy can be a problem
for some companies, as we have a habit of telling the truth.

You really
have killed your chances here. The best you can hope for is that noone
mentions you again, and that in future people will find you via your
sig, but no-one ever tells them about your slimy dishonest ways.

I think Im gonna stick around a while, take my chances.

Ive got quite a bit to offer this group now ive got my sig sorted and my
quotes correctly snipped n filed

Your attempts to grow a forum are quite wrong footed. Its a difficult
thing to do these days, and you show no idea of what you need to do to
achieve it, or what blunders to avoid.

Now yer talking kitty kat, gimme the advice, but dont give it to me like a 5
year old. Come over to the dark side and be a moderator, then you can put
your advice into action and we can measure your results and find out infact
wether or not you are actually qualified to impart that advice on wet behind
the ears, dishonest, businessmen like me ?
Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

I doubt it, 'any publicity is good publicity' is not true. As a
competent business person you should know that. You goofed in a way you
cant undo.

Ive probably made much worse goofs than this before, if at all this
actually qualifies as goofing ?

Please dont worry bout me, I will be just fine.

On a sensible note, I am grateful to anyone who came over to the forum to
contribute and I hope to be able to be of some help here from time to time.

Even if nobody likes me and I am the root of all evil

--
Ellis Greensitt - Site Admin - UK Electricians Forum
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Bob Eager

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:36:39 UTC, "Ellis Greensitt"
wrote:

not at all, I read the ukdiy responses, they were making sensible
points.

dont insult my intelligence, they were there for revenge

That's rather strong. I simply posted that, as per the vote, my
favourite place was uk.d-i-y. Nothing else. That was enough for you to
edit the post to reverse its meaning (despite your protestations of
'free speech') and then start fulminating.

You were not invited to touch as such, I made some newsgroup newbie errors
and all hell broke loose ?

Posting the plug for your website many times, on a newsgroup that
forbids advertising. That's rather more than that.

You know nothing of me, nor I of you. My ethics are honourable and decent.

Which is why you alter posts. That is NOT ethical. A followup would have
been acceptable; massaging facts is not.

Aha ! You use the word "switch" to my company. My company was not
involved

Trying to back off, now? Your company IS involved; it has a great big
banner at the top of the forum page.

Are uk.d-i-y users only permitted one haunt ?
Im beginning to understand the defense mechanism that kicked in, you all
felt under attack when in actual fact, I came in peace.

Flooding the newsgroup with unwanted adverts, against the newgroup
charter, is not 'coming in peace'.

Ive been a buisnessman long enough to know a blagger, whats this big order
you had lined up for me that ive blown ?

I don't know - but you name, and that of Supplychain - is now well
recorded in the Google archives alongside the words 'unethical', 'spam',
and no doubt a ew others.

Now yer talking kitty kat, gimme the advice, but dont give it to me like a 5
year old. Come over to the dark side and be a moderator

But your idea of 'moderation' so far is 'censorship'.

Ive probably made much worse goofs than this before, if at all this
actually qualifies as goofing ?

Let's hope it wasn't with your wiring.

Ellis Greensitt wrote:

not at all, I read the ukdiy responses, they were making sensible
points.

dont insult my intelligence, they were there for revenge
Owain was one who has posted something sensible, I do not believe I remember
anyone else.

Owain made a sensible point in a fairly polite way. IIRC there were 2
others that got real without being out of hand. They were all sensible
points. Its possible there may have been others later, I didnt go back
and read again.

Youve had a lot of publicity here, but dont overlook that all of it has
been pretty bad. Your behaviour in all of this has shown me that youre
a company I would not want to touch, one with no visible ethics

You were not invited to touch as such,

I took the posts here about your forum and your online price list and
ordering details as an invitation to trade. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I made some newsgroup newbie errors
and all hell broke loose ?
You know nothing of me, nor I of you. My ethics are honourable and decent.

We know you have difficulty with honesty and are a spammer, or maybe an
ex-spammer. We know youre not very net-wise, and we know some of your
publicity is or was falsified, and after all this we know you still
wont really get real with us about it, so we know you dont understand
human nature well enough to pull the situation round. Which certainly
is not impossible. Beyond that youre right, we know just about nothing.

. You
even falsify quotes and claims from ukdiy regulars to try to get your
way, and youre a spammer to boot. If you think thats gonna encourage
people here to switch to your co you must be kidding.

Aha ! You use the word "switch" to my company. My company was not involved

of course it is. That why youre growing a forum, so people get
awareness of your company, and are grateful you give them a forum and
information, and may shop with you. Thats why your company name is
right at the top in big letters, and your price list linked. Its not
very smart to tell people porkies they can see clear through when youre
trying to claim honour and ethics and woo customers.

If Im wrong, tell us what the forum's for.

and people were by no means asked to switch. I offered an additional forum
for people gain and impart knowlege not a replacement.

I meant switch suppliers, not forums.

Are uk.d-i-y users only permitted one haunt ?
Im beginning to understand the defense mechanism that kicked in, you all
felt under attack when in actual fact, I came in peace.

We were under attack, you dont seem to show any understanding of that.
Look thru all the newsgroups and youll find a huge number that have
fallen into uselessness for one simple reason: spam. As long as you
spammed you were an enemy. I'm glad to see youve learnt from that.

Your practice of prolonging this thread only so you can keep posting
your sig line is quite acceptable here.

Initially I went to see if it was worth putting you on my list of
suppliers, but since then your antics here have killed that possibility
stone dead for me and almost everyone else too.

Ive been a buisnessman long enough to know a blagger, whats this big order
you had lined up for me that ive blown ?

I didnt have a big order, and never claimed I did. I do purchase from a
number of diy/building suppliers, and do have orders coming up, but
have been put off any buying from your company now.

Wonder if I can guess from your email ???????

snip sillies

Or perhaps you are the chairman of Esso ?

No. Some here do have large spending power, but you dont know who. The
chairman of esso would not be involved in procurement anyway, nor I
doubt would they deal with a small outfit like yours still struggling
to get itself a functioning web presence, and having difficulty with
basic PR issues.

Pretty much all of us are buyers though, most being small scale. Would
be hard to do diy/building work without buying after all.

I think Im gonna stick around a while, take my chances.

Ive got quite a bit to offer this group now ive got my sig sorted and my
quotes correctly snipped n filed

good, i hope your comtributions will be constructive and welcome.

Your attempts to grow a forum are quite wrong footed. Its a difficult
thing to do these days, and you show no idea of what you need to do to
achieve it, or what blunders to avoid.

Now yer talking kitty kat, gimme the advice, but dont give it to me like a 5
year old.
Come over to the dark side and be a moderator,
then you can put
your advice into action and we can measure your results and find out infact
wether or not you are actually qualified to impart that advice on wet behind
the ears, dishonest, businessmen like me ?

Well at least you recognise you are going to need to take on someone
with the skills to grow that forum. People dont normally work for free
though, I presume thats what you were thinking.

Ive probably made much worse goofs than this before, if at all this
actually qualifies as goofing ?

Its moved your company from unknown but could be spread by sigline to
no-one here wanting to buy. Its moved your personal image from could be
respected for your knowledge to persistently dishonest. Its told
everyone which company to avoid. Its not been a great campaign.

Of course there are worse businesses, but we dont buy from them either.
You would need some business and PR expertise to turn this situation
around, and you dont have it.

If you'd wanted to succeed and had more sense you'd have begun by
finding out what companies are widely used here and how they came to be
in that position. Not one of them got there your way. A lot of trade
passes thru ukdiy, large and small, so it would be a nice group to
regularly trade with, worth an hour or so in the evening for a few
weeks to get that set up. Once youd got a successful formula then youd
move on to other forums and repeat etc.

On a sensible note, I am grateful to anyone who came over to the forum to
contribute and I hope to be able to be of some help here from time to time.

were there contributions?

NT

email address invalid.

raden

In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes

I think Im gonna stick around a while, take my chances.

Ive got quite a bit to offer this group now ive got my sig sorted and my
quotes correctly snipped n filed

OK, lets everybody draw a line and give him that chance

Everyone ****s up (as he did royally) and he ended up backed into a
corner.

Let's bury the hatchet and see

--
geoff
Ellis Greensitt

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes

I think Im gonna stick around a while, take my chances.

Ive got quite a bit to offer this group now ive got my sig sorted and my
quotes correctly snipped n filed

OK, lets everybody draw a line and give him that chance

Everyone ****s up (as he did royally) and he ended up backed into a
corner.

Let's bury the hatchet and see

--
geoff

Thanks Geoff
Im serious about contributing here, I am an apprentice trained electrican
with 20 years experience.

--

Ellis Greensitt, Site Admin, UK Electricians Forum
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

raden wrote:
In message , Ellis Greensitt
writes

I think Im gonna stick around a while, take my chances.

Ive got quite a bit to offer this group now ive got my sig sorted and my
quotes correctly snipped n filed

OK, lets everybody draw a line and give him that chance

Everyone ****s up (as he did royally) and he ended up backed into a
corner.

Let's bury the hatchet and see

I think we are already. Its upto him if he wants to argue more.

NT