Stefek Zaba

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful posts

will
not be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and flamed.

The
professional people who began the forum believe in freedom of speech.

You know, I'm beginning to feel some sympathy for you, having let that
'professional' word roll around my head on and off during the day.

I wonder if you haven't handed over plenty of folding notes to a Web
Presence Company, who've filled you with promises about 'creating a
state-of-the art web presence with pan-national reach,
professional-quality graphics, and an interactive forum, to which we
will drive traffic through a combined-media strategy reaching out to
communities of interest which we, as Internet professionals of several
years standing, have a unique insight into'. (Most of those
twaddle-merchants went rapidly out of business when the .com bubble
burst; but maybe there's still a few trading up in Doncaster?)

For your money, you got a Macromedia Flash front-page (slowing down site
entry for all - did you ever wonder why Google keep their page so
stripped-down) which plays a Really Serious Corporate tune all the time,
but makes *you* feel good 'cuz it's got your company logo coming into
view in a Dramatic And Exciting Visual Metaphor (hello? *you're* not the
customer for the website, it's the paying punter - but you *are* the
customer for the Web Presence Company, of course); a discussion forum
which they may've charged you an arm and a leg for, but is freeware
(phpBB); and sent you off to drum up traffic in person (on the Victor
Kiam principle) without cluing you in to Usenet culture at all.

I'd say you've been had...

Stefek