Aidan

Default What to do with old fluorescent tubes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

ABC

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a ban on the
film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

Jeff

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

Thats the problem with common sence ....... its not very common !

Regards Jeff

Tony Bryer

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Aidan

Quite. At this very moment a no-win no-fee lawyer is preparing a brief
for substantial damages in respect of the negligent omission of such
safety warnings from the tubes.

PS Has Dr. Evil checked in today?

Malcolm Stewart

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

Suggests to me that natural selection may be working...

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Lobster

ABC wrote:
"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a ban on the
film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

Or petrol?

David
Gizmo

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

Heh heh ... ok, so they aren't the brightest lightbulbs in the box ;o)

Time to add some chlorine to the gene pool

Paul Herber

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:12:40 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Jeff

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4575291.stm

They have there own website

http://www.retardz.co.uk/

says it all really

Regards Jeff

Frank Erskine

wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Tony Bryer

In article , Frank Erskine
wrote:
I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Given that inkjet printer ink reputedly costs more than the best
champagne I don't expect you were tempted g

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

EricP

wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Peanut butter. "Warning Contains peanuts"

We are becoming a society of ****wits.

John Rumm

Aidan wrote:

Quite. At this very moment a no-win no-fee lawyer is preparing a brief
for substantial damages in respect of the negligent omission of such
safety warnings from the tubes.

In true part P tradition, they will seek to reduce casualties from this
type of accident by upto 20% by banning DIY fitting of halogen
spotlights....

That ought to do it!

--
Cheers,

John.

Christian McArdle

May contain nuts.

Yes, I had a packet of peanuts on a flight once. Marked "Peanuts - Warning
May Contain Nuts". Well it bloody well better contain nuts!

Christian.

RichardS

wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Peanut butter. "Warning Contains peanuts"

We are becoming a society of ****wits.

well, at least they were accurate and didn't write instead "warning:
contains nuts"

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

RichardS

wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Wow. Lifestyle advice on a printer cartridge!

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

RichardS

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
May contain nuts.

Yes, I had a packet of peanuts on a flight once. Marked "Peanuts - Warning
May Contain Nuts". Well it bloody well better contain nuts!

now, where did I put my trusty hair-splitting tool.....

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Sam Nelson

wrote:

In article , Abc wrote:
What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a
ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube,
filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with
"Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve
before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the
Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

May contain nuts.

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Wow. Lifestyle advice on a printer cartridge!

Plus, it's a bit too much like preaching, to me. Shouldn't it say `Please
enjoy in moderation' OSLT?
--
SAm.
John Rumm

RichardS wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...

May contain nuts.

Yes, I had a packet of peanuts on a flight once. Marked "Peanuts - Warning
May Contain Nuts". Well it bloody well better contain nuts!

now, where did I put my trusty hair-splitting tool.....

and after I deleted the post I was about to send as well ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

RichardS wrote:

Peanut butter. "Warning Contains peanuts"

We are becoming a society of ****wits.

Tesco milk: "Allergy advice - Contains milk".

I kid you not.

Si

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" writes:

Tesco milk: "Allergy advice - Contains milk".

Slightly different scenario, but I liked one I
heard on the News Quiz (R4) a couple of years ago...
Tesco's Luxury Christmas Paté -- use by 23 Dec.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Bob Eager

On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:03:23 UTC, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

RichardS wrote:

Peanut butter. "Warning Contains peanuts"

We are becoming a society of ****wits.

Tesco milk: "Allergy advice - Contains milk".

There was that restaurant in the news last week that's serving squirrel.
Someone suggested there should be a warning:

"May contain traces of nuts"

Ian Stirling

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , Frank Erskine
wrote:
I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Given that inkjet printer ink reputedly costs more than the best
champagne I don't expect you were tempted g

More than some fine perfumes, in some cases.
The Lexmark Z13 cartridge holds about 9ml of ink, and cost 23 quid, for a
total of about 2500 pounds a liter.
.

May contain nuts.

Yes, I had a packet of peanuts on a flight once. Marked "Peanuts - Warning
May Contain Nuts". Well it bloody well better contain nuts!

A peanut is not a nut.

It is a legume like a pea is.

See http://www.peanut-shellers.org/index_files/Legume.htm
--
..

Frank Erskine

On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:03:36 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Frank Erskine
wrote:
I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Given that inkjet printer ink reputedly costs more than the best
champagne I don't expect you were tempted g

I think I'll stick to vodka @ ca 10 ukp a litre, TYVM. Black ink gives
the toothbrush a bit of a hard time too, doesn't it...

Even when I'm desperate I'll find some sort of incoholical stuff in
that cupboard downstairs...

:-)

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland

Frank Erskine wrote:

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning
attached - "Do not drink".

Perhaps they thought someone would make squids in ink with it.

We have so many idiot warnings now that few people bother reading them
at all. Perhaps a case could be made that adding another stupid warning
resulted in someone not bothering reading them all, and consequently
having an accident. Bout time these frivolous warnings got dealt with.

Of course at no point in the proceeedings would it ever be permitted to
point out that the adult involved is responsible for their own actions,
and clearly the cause of their own misfortune. Oh no.

NT