Andy Hall

On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:04:55 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Indeed, the dangerous one is Manselson,
having learnt his 'trade' from
working on LWT's Weekend World...

What is dangerous about Manselson?

He's able to convince at least some people that he's telling the
truth.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
:::Jerry::::

wrote:

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Indeed, the dangerous one is Manselson,
having learnt his 'trade' from
working on LWT's Weekend World...

What is dangerous about Manselson?

He's able to convince at least some people that he's telling the
truth.

More to the point, he can do it without talking about the issues at
all...

Manselson has had the ear of Blair for 10 years (or more), yet we
still don't really know what he personally thinks or considers the
correct policies.

Andy Hall

On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:37:56 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Indeed, the dangerous one is Manselson,
having learnt his 'trade' from
working on LWT's Weekend World...

What is dangerous about Manselson?

He's able to convince at least some people that he's telling the
truth.

More to the point, he can do it without talking about the issues at
all...

Manselson has had the ear of Blair for 10 years (or more), yet we
still don't really know what he personally thinks or considers the
correct policies.

Pretty simple really. He'll tell you what he thinks you want to hear.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Joe

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
he

would not be able to pull the same stunt that Thatcher did because

he

has removed HMG's ability to fix things like interest rates etc.

Are you suggesting that if HMG wanted to take back control of

interest

rates that some higher authority would stop it? I don't think the EU
is involved here.

I might be wrong but I understood it as a one way move, even if the
HMG could take back control, for the same administration / people to
do so would be seen as an admission of frecking up the original
decision I suspect...

Agreed, but that wouldn't bother them.

'Those poor lads at the bank just couldn't get it right, no matter how
much help I gave them... I can see I'll have to do it myself after all.'
The Natural Philosopher

Joe wrote:

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
he

would not be able to pull the same stunt that Thatcher did because

he

has removed HMG's ability to fix things like interest rates etc.

Are you suggesting that if HMG wanted to take back control of

interest

rates that some higher authority would stop it? I don't think the EU
is involved here.

I might be wrong but I understood it as a one way move, even if the
HMG could take back control, for the same administration / people to
do so would be seen as an admission of frecking up the original
decision I suspect...

Agreed, but that wouldn't bother them.

'Those poor lads at the bank just couldn't get it right, no matter how
much help I gave them... I can see I'll have to do it myself after all.'

If you want a larf, get todays FT and read the 'notebook' column, the
imaginary conversation inside the Bank reference Big G (GB) is hilarious..