Joe

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
he

would not be able to pull the same stunt that Thatcher did because

he

has removed HMG's ability to fix things like interest rates etc.

Are you suggesting that if HMG wanted to take back control of

interest

rates that some higher authority would stop it? I don't think the EU
is involved here.

I might be wrong but I understood it as a one way move, even if the
HMG could take back control, for the same administration / people to
do so would be seen as an admission of frecking up the original
decision I suspect...

Agreed, but that wouldn't bother them.

'Those poor lads at the bank just couldn't get it right, no matter how
much help I gave them... I can see I'll have to do it myself after all.'