Scott

Default 32mm flexible pipe for toilet

From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to sani flow
but the motor can be removed separately.

Anway, the distance form the new toilet to the soil stack is about 4metre,
no far but it would involve about 4 acute angles - nothing fancy - and
certainly not 90 degree angles more like 45 degrees
Now - I either rigid pipe with 4 adjustable compression fittings to create
the angle - which I will get from screw fix BUT I was wondering, can you get
like 32 or 40 mm wide - flexible hose in the length I need (I know U can get
samll bits), which I can hook up - one at the macerator end - the other at
the strap boss that goes into the soil stack. This would save me so much
time, as it can then easily be moved etc.

Any ideas?

Scott
www.toptravelsites.net
www.myeyes-youreyes.co.uk

John Stumbles

"Scott" wrote in message
From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to sani

flow
but the motor can be removed separately.

Anway, the distance form the new toilet to the soil stack is about 4metre,
no far but it would involve about 4 acute angles - nothing fancy - and
certainly not 90 degree angles more like 45 degrees
Now - I either rigid pipe with 4 adjustable compression fittings to create
the angle - which I will get from screw fix BUT I was wondering, can you

get
like 32 or 40 mm wide - flexible hose in the length I need (I know U can

get
samll bits), which I can hook up - one at the macerator end - the other at
the strap boss that goes into the soil stack. This would save me so much
time, as it can then easily be moved etc.

You can, the stuff to get is Hepflex which has a smooth internal bore,
unlike the Marley stuff you get in the DIY sheds. BES (www.bes.ltd.uk but
get their paper catalogue as their website is a last resort) do it. There's
a flexible pipe in 32 and 40mm and end fittings to suit either solvent weld
or pushfit (of course either suits compression, but the solvent weld
fittings make a better fit as they're larger diameter).

As I mentioned in another post today I generally prefer to use solvent weld
for most of a pipe run, with a compression coupling to allow access and a
bit of adjustment. I'd be pretty much inclined to do this in the situation
you describe; if you do use flexible pipe you'll need to support it at close
intervals so that it doesn't sag and tend to allow the pipe's contents to
accumulate and coagulate (whoooer!) in the pipe.

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

BillR

Scott wrote:
The only problem with them is that fact the length is like only 30
cm, I need one like 400 cm.

Scott

?? Hepworths stuff is available in 1, 3 & 6 metre lengths.
See page 7 http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepguide2001%20.pdf

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
"Scott" wrote in message
From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to
sani flow but the motor can be removed separately.

[...]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

+
-+ -+
Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.

Christian McArdle

?? Hepworths stuff is available in 1, 3 & 6 metre lengths.
See page 7 http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepguide2001%20.pdf

I think I'd be scared to have that sort of length of flexible hose filled
with pressurised macerated faeces. I'm sure I'm just being over cautious,
though.

Christian.

Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

"Scott" wrote in message ...

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to sani

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The only problem with them is that fact the length is like only 30 cm, I
need one like 400 cm.

Scott

Hepflex waste is available in 3 and 6 metre lengths for cutting &
solvent welding on site, as well as the shorter prefabricated lengths.

Further details he -

http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepwaste1.htm

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team
--
Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products
Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington