BillR

Default 32mm flexible pipe for toilet

Scott wrote:
The only problem with them is that fact the length is like only 30
cm, I need one like 400 cm.

Scott

?? Hepworths stuff is available in 1, 3 & 6 metre lengths.
See page 7 http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepguide2001%20.pdf

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
"Scott" wrote in message
From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to
sani flow but the motor can be removed separately.

Anway, the distance form the new toilet to the soil stack is about
4metre, no far but it would involve about 4 acute angles - nothing
fancy - and certainly not 90 degree angles more like 45 degrees
Now - I either rigid pipe with 4 adjustable compression fittings to
create the angle - which I will get from screw fix BUT I was
wondering, can you get like 32 or 40 mm wide - flexible hose in the
length I need (I know U can get samll bits), which I can hook up -
one at the macerator end - the other at the strap boss that goes
into the soil stack. This would save me so much time, as it can
then easily be moved etc.

You can, the stuff to get is Hepflex which has a smooth internal
bore, unlike the Marley stuff you get in the DIY sheds. BES
(www.bes.ltd.uk but get their paper catalogue as their website is a
last resort) do it. There's a flexible pipe in 32 and 40mm and end
fittings to suit either solvent weld or pushfit (of course either
suits compression, but the solvent weld fittings make a better fit
as they're larger diameter).

As I mentioned in another post today I generally prefer to use
solvent weld for most of a pipe run, with a compression coupling to
allow access and a bit of adjustment. I'd be pretty much inclined to
do this in the situation you describe; if you do use flexible pipe
you'll need to support it at close intervals so that it doesn't sag
and tend to allow the pipe's contents to accumulate and coagulate
(whoooer!) in the pipe.

--
John Stumbles

+
-+ -+
Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.