Alan

Default Where to buy 35w GU10 halogen bulbs?

Hello,

Where on-line can people recommend to buy 35w GU10 bulbs from? I need 10.
Just looked at screwfix but £2.80 each seems expensive.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Mathew J. Newton

Alan wrote:
Hello,

Where on-line can people recommend to buy 35w GU10 bulbs from? I need

10.
Just looked at screwfix but =A32.80 each seems expensive.

Toolstation sell them for =A31.80 each (inc. delivery):

http://www.toolstation.com/search.ht...rchstr=3D73750

Mathew

Carolyn

A Google for `35w GU10` throws up a site (3rd one down, Alertelectrical) with 10 bulbs for
£17.18 inc Vat, but I guess you want to be able to walk into somewhere and buy them over
the counter? Don`t know how long the delivery on this site will be but it looks the
cheapest option to me...

--
Carolyn

"Alan" wrote in message
Hello,

Where on-line can people recommend to buy 35w GU10 bulbs from? I need 10. Just looked at
screwfix but £2.80 each seems expensive.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Alan

"Alan" wrote in message
Hello,

Where on-line can people recommend to buy 35w GU10 bulbs from? I need 10.
Just looked at screwfix but £2.80 each seems expensive.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Thanks for the suggestions - Toolstation looks good as delivery is included
in the price, the other one (Alert Electrical) add £5 delivery on which
makes them a bit more expensive.

Alan.

Ed Sirett

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:47:25 +0000, Carolyn wrote:

A Google for `35w GU10` throws up a site (3rd one down, Alertelectrical) with 10 bulbs for
£17.18 inc Vat, but I guess you want to be able to walk into somewhere and buy them over
the counter? Don`t know how long the delivery on this site will be but it looks the
cheapest option to me...

From my experience with mains halogen the bulbs usually supplied with
fittings, the slightly less expensive units from Screwstation etc. and
anything from the sheds have short lives.

Make sure the ones you buy are branded (I've had no problem with OSRAM).

Some day I hope trading standards will evaluate some of the '1500 hour
life' claims from the 'cheaper' suppliers.

Nick Atty

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:39:02 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

From my experience with mains halogen the bulbs usually supplied with
fittings, the slightly less expensive units from Screwstation etc. and
anything from the sheds have short lives.

This probably explains why in the sheds it is cheaper to buy a fitting
with a bulb than a replacement bulb (certainly if you buy 4 bulb
fittings).
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)

GU10 Replacements Ash UK diy 2 December 23rd 04 10:27 AM
GU10 mains halogen bulbs Bill Scarab UK diy 13 December 1st 04 01:51 PM
Halogen bulbs Brian UK diy 7 November 17th 04 02:43 PM
Crap B&Q Mains Halogen Spots Mr Angry UK diy 37 March 24th 04 04:29 PM
Mains Halogen Bulbs Stuart UK diy 21 December 26th 03 04:37 PM