Ed Sirett

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:47:25 +0000, Carolyn wrote:

A Google for `35w GU10` throws up a site (3rd one down, Alertelectrical) with 10 bulbs for
£17.18 inc Vat, but I guess you want to be able to walk into somewhere and buy them over
the counter? Don`t know how long the delivery on this site will be but it looks the
cheapest option to me...

From my experience with mains halogen the bulbs usually supplied with
fittings, the slightly less expensive units from Screwstation etc. and
anything from the sheds have short lives.

Make sure the ones you buy are branded (I've had no problem with OSRAM).

Some day I hope trading standards will evaluate some of the '1500 hour
life' claims from the 'cheaper' suppliers.