Brian

Default Halogen bulbs

What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

Thanks
Brian
Alex \(YMG\)

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

Thanks
Brian

Do you mean a GU10 fitting?

Alex

G&M

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

There are some LED based ones that are of much lower wattage. I think I saw
Screwfix have started to stock them

Alex \(YMG\)

"G&M" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

There are some LED based ones that are of much lower wattage. I think I
saw
Screwfix have started to stock them

Yeah there's lots on eBay, for very little ££. Not sure how reliable they
are, and I guess the light colour wouldn't be too great?

Alex

Brian

Thanks for all that info. ( It was my first post on this board )

Yes it's a G10 fitting and yes , heat is a problem. I'll look at the
led type bulbs as an alternative.
Brian
Alex \(YMG\)

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for all that info. ( It was my first post on this board )

Yes it's a G10 fitting and yes , heat is a problem. I'll look at the
led type bulbs as an alternative.
Brian

Welcome to the group

Here's one for an example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6782 531&rd=1

Or, you can get fluorescent GU10 fittings (no idea what these are like in
use):

http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/item560.htm

Alex