DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Halogen bulbs (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/76671-halogen-bulbs.html)

Brian November 16th 04 11:06 AM

Halogen bulbs

What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

Thanks
Brian

Alex \(YMG\) November 16th 04 03:53 PM

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

Thanks
Brian

Do you mean a GU10 fitting?

Alex

Lurch November 16th 04 08:06 PM

On 16 Nov 2004 03:06:24 -0800, (Brian)
strung together this:

Is there one less than 35w ?

20W.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

Andy Dingley November 16th 04 09:02 PM

wrote:

What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ?

If heat is a problem and price isn't, you can get LED clusters to fit.
--
Smert' spamionam

G&M November 16th 04 09:03 PM

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

There are some LED based ones that are of much lower wattage. I think I saw
Screwfix have started to stock them

Alex \(YMG\) November 16th 04 09:21 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a
mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

There are some LED based ones that are of much lower wattage. I think I
saw
Screwfix have started to stock them

Yeah there's lots on eBay, for very little ££. Not sure how reliable they
are, and I guess the light colour wouldn't be too great?

Alex

Brian November 17th 04 09:40 AM

Thanks for all that info. ( It was my first post on this board )

Yes it's a G10 fitting and yes , heat is a problem. I'll look at the
led type bulbs as an alternative.
Brian

Alex \(YMG\) November 17th 04 02:43 PM

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for all that info. ( It was my first post on this board )

Yes it's a G10 fitting and yes , heat is a problem. I'll look at the
led type bulbs as an alternative.
Brian

Welcome to the group :)

Here's one for an example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6782 531&rd=1

Or, you can get fluorescent GU10 fittings (no idea what these are like in
use):

http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/item560.htm

Alex