william_b_noble

Default so, how do I figue out what staples to buy for this Heller staple gun????

ok, I picked up a really nice Heller stapler, the kind the phone company
used to use to tack phone lines to the baseboard - but now, I can't find
heller listed, and I have no clue what size staples this uses because I
can't find a listing of staple dimensions by size - this gun uses staples
that are 1/4 inch wide with a semicircular crown. The gun itself says "bell
system" and "HELLER", and "Use only Heller staples" - kinda tough if you
can't find any.

But, since I know some folks on the NG know a lot of misc stuff, including
info about phone equipment, maybe someone knows what staples this thing uses
and what the nomenclature for them is????

--
Bill

to Email me, repair this address and use it:
william_ b_ noble at msn dot com

also check out http://www.wbnoble.com

Wild Bill

Have a look at Arrow brand. I know they had a TV cable staple for a modified
Arrow gun years ago. The last time I saw them, they were at a tool rental
company.
I don't recall what the staple number was, but it was crowned and had long
legs with cut points.

WB

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1108974298.7842cd24e70a2f95f7601579de56a359@t eranews...
[...]

Gunner

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:32:41 -0800, "william_b_noble"
wrote:

ok, I picked up a really nice Heller stapler, the kind the phone company
used to use to tack phone lines to the baseboard - but now, I can't find
heller listed, and I have no clue what size staples this uses because I
can't find a listing of staple dimensions by size - this gun uses staples
that are 1/4 inch wide with a semicircular crown. The gun itself says "bell
system" and "HELLER", and "Use only Heller staples" - kinda tough if you
can't find any.

But, since I know some folks on the NG know a lot of misc stuff, including
info about phone equipment, maybe someone knows what staples this thing uses
and what the nomenclature for them is????

Most of those later used were Arrow T-18 or T-22 staplers. The staples
May fit

Gunner, ex telecom grunt

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)