TomNBanderaTx

Default casting equipment

I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Roy

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:09:01 GMT, "TomNBanderaTx"
wrote:

===I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
===a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T
===

I have a list of suppliers on my website most of them are local but a
lot of them have supply houses nation wide. The majority of items you
need can be homebrewed in short order out of cheap materials. The
biggest item your gonna have to spend time on is if you make a decent
furnace........but its still cheap to make.......

I assume your located in Texas...............and if you are, you
should not have any problems locating foundry items in that state.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Gary Brady

TomNBanderaTx wrote:
I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Porter Warner in Houston sells foundry supplies. I've bought crucibles
from them. Very nice to deal with for small orders. If you build your
own furnace, Harbison Walker in Houston carries the A.P. Green line of
refractory, also easy to deal with for a couple of bags. You can dig
molding sand out in Bastrop if you want to use green sand. Don't know
what's in San Antonio since I've never looked. Austin has absolutely no
resources for hobby casting.

If you ever get up to Austin, let me know and I'll show you my setup.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Winston

TomNBanderaTx wrote:
I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Sure!
Budget Casting Supply

http://www.budgetcastingsupply.com/

They're in San Mateo, CA

Terrific people.
It's an easy drive, too.

Where abouts did you say you were....?

--Winston

Gunner

wrote:

I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Depends on how small you want to do... a poster here,
has a complete foundry/ casting setup for sale.

Furnace, crucibles, tongs, lifters the whole encillada. Very nice,
only a few years old, very low time.

Good stuff and lots of it.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

TomNBanderaTx

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. Gary, next time I'm over that
way I'll shoot you an email, thanks. Tom