Gary Brady

TomNBanderaTx wrote:
I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of
a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Porter Warner in Houston sells foundry supplies. I've bought crucibles
from them. Very nice to deal with for small orders. If you build your
own furnace, Harbison Walker in Houston carries the A.P. Green line of
refractory, also easy to deal with for a couple of bags. You can dig
molding sand out in Bastrop if you want to use green sand. Don't know
what's in San Antonio since I've never looked. Austin has absolutely no
resources for hobby casting.

If you ever get up to Austin, let me know and I'll show you my setup.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX