DOC

Default How come your shop smells so funny? Part II

Some of you may remember the last time I asked this question.

I ended up crushing cedar cuttings in the hydraulic press and my shop
smelled like a cedar forest for a couple of days.

Although it was rather nice, nothing much came of the experiment.

I used some of the oil mixed with alcohol to clean out the drawer where
I kept my underwear. The drawer smells better now and so does the
underwear that I keep in the drawer.

Another one of life's small problem solved! :-)

Couple months later I came upon about two gallons of orchid oil.
Don't ask!

So I scratch my head, and other parts, and wonder what in TAR-NAY-SHUN
a mechanical guy like me should do with orchid oil.

Well after a LOT of hesitation I finally opened up the barrel and decanted
some
of the oil into one of those small alcohol burners.

And you know what? It doesn't smell bad at all!

I even tried putting a match to it. Burns it does. But the burning doesn't
do much to
enhance the smell.

However, after you douse the flame, the smell is much more intense.

I suppose it's just because when you heat it you speed up evaporation.

Anyway, for the time being, whenever I want my shop to smell funny, I just
take the top off the alcohol burner and within a few minutes ...

Humm...

Now I'm just waiting for all those young women to come by and tell me that
my
shop smells so... NICE! :-)ooooooo

DOC

Buy my junk! http://www3.sympatico.ca/doc/robotone/for-sale.html

HaroldA102

I told you i put pine-sol in the cutting oil
Sunworshipper

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:46:45 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

[...]

lookfantastic.com has it at $45 an ounce. Math must be off , I get
$11,520 and your burning it in the shop ?
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:46:45 -0500, "DOC" calmly
ranted:

Some of you may remember the last time I asked this question.

I ended up crushing cedar cuttings in the hydraulic press and my shop
smelled like a cedar forest for a couple of days.

Although it was rather nice, nothing much came of the experiment.

I used some of the oil mixed with alcohol to clean out the drawer where
I kept my underwear. The drawer smells better now and so does the
underwear that I keep in the drawer.

Another one of life's small problem solved! :-)

I solved that problem by washing all my undies first, before putting
them away, Doc.

Couple months later I came upon about two gallons of orchid oil.
Don't ask!

Ouch!

So I scratch my head, and other parts, and wonder what in TAR-NAY-SHUN
a mechanical guy like me should do with orchid oil.

Get your lady (or someone else) to give you a nice massage with it.

-snip-
Anyway, for the time being, whenever I want my shop to smell funny, I just
take the top off the alcohol burner and within a few minutes ...

Um, why was it, again, that you -wished- your shop to smell "funny"?

Now I'm just waiting for all those young women to come by and tell me that
my
shop smells so... NICE! :-)ooooooo

So you're trolling for trollops, are ya? Have one of THEM give you
a massage.

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases

orchid oil is dormant oil.... In a condition of biological rest or
inactivity characterized by cessation of growth or development and the
suspension of many metabolic processes...
Its to keep buds form budding to soon...and to smother bad bugs...

SteveB

"DOC" wrote in message
[...]

And maybe some nice curtains and flower arrangements to go with it?

Steve ;-)

DOC

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:46:45 -0500, "DOC" calmly
ranted:

Get your lady (or someone else) to give you a nice massage with it.

The nice man at Charabot (the company that makes this stuff in France) told
me
not to use it on the skin. I gather it's too concentrated.

-snip-
Anyway, for the time being, whenever I want my shop to smell funny, I

just
take the top off the alcohol burner and within a few minutes ...

Um, why was it, again, that you -wished- your shop to smell "funny"?

I know there's a reason around here someplace. I just can't seem to find it!
:-)

Now I'm just waiting for all those young women to come by and tell me

that
my
shop smells so... NICE! :-)ooooooo

So you're trolling for trollops, are ya? Have one of THEM give you
a massage.

I don't think there be any on this NG!

DOC

DOC

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message

lookfantastic.com has it at $45 an ounce. Math must be off , I get
$11,520 and your burning it in the shop ?

Nice to know I got such a high class joint!
:-)ooooooo

I don't think that this stuff is really cheap, but the $45.00 price prolly
includes
a cut glass bottle and at least 80% worth of marketing hype.

And my cost is close enough to zero so that it doesn't much matter what I do
with it.

Humm......

Maybe I should sell the stuff to lookfantastic. Then they could change their
name to
smellfantastic! :-)

DOC

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL!"

Gunner

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:41:54 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
.. .

lookfantastic.com has it at $45 an ounce. Math must be off , I get
$11,520 and your burning it in the shop ?

Nice to know I got such a high class joint!
:-)ooooooo

I don't think that this stuff is really cheap, but the $45.00 price prolly
includes
a cut glass bottle and at least 80% worth of marketing hype.

And my cost is close enough to zero so that it doesn't much matter what I do
with it.

Humm......

Maybe I should sell the stuff to lookfantastic. Then they could change their
name to
smellfantastic! :-)

DOC

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL!"

Get some cheap but ornate small bud vases, some rubber stoppers and an
ebay account. You will be a rich man in short order G

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Sunworshipper

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:41:54 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
.. .

lookfantastic.com has it at $45 an ounce. Math must be off , I get
$11,520 and your burning it in the shop ?

Nice to know I got such a high class joint!
:-)ooooooo

I don't think that this stuff is really cheap, but the $45.00 price prolly
includes
a cut glass bottle and at least 80% worth of marketing hype.

And my cost is close enough to zero so that it doesn't much matter what I do
with it.

Humm......

Maybe I should sell the stuff to lookfantastic. Then they could change their
name to
smellfantastic! :-)

DOC

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL!"

Have you been to the site? IIRC they sell it in cheapy plastic
bottles where in one would put their finger over the top and tip it
over for a second and apply to the wrinkles.

I'd look into it. 256 bottles and a scaled eye dropper thingy can't
cost more than $50. How long could it possibly take to fill 250 of
them... Then sell them on Ebay for $20.

Easy $5,000 ! Got me... I just looked it up cause I think orchids
are expensive little alone getting the oil from them. Really the
first thing that came to mind was an Architectural Digest article
showing e john's NY condo and they where everywhere , even
pictures of them IIRC.

Trade for a $2,500 BP and get some pine stuff or bleach.
Gerald Miller

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:19:46 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

[...]

I think Miss Jamie and Mike must have eloped, and extended their
honeymoon.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
DOC

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:19:46 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

So you're trolling for trollops, are ya? Have one of THEM give you
a massage.

I don't think there be any on this NG!

DOC

I think Miss Jamie and Mike must have eloped, and extended their
honeymoon.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Last I heard from Mike he had "moved on" to digital photography leaving
both RCM and Miss Jamie to find their own greener pastures!

:-)oooo

DOC