Sunworshipper

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:46:45 -0500, "DOC" wrote:

Some of you may remember the last time I asked this question.

I ended up crushing cedar cuttings in the hydraulic press and my shop
smelled like a cedar forest for a couple of days.

Although it was rather nice, nothing much came of the experiment.

I used some of the oil mixed with alcohol to clean out the drawer where
I kept my underwear. The drawer smells better now and so does the
underwear that I keep in the drawer.

Another one of life's small problem solved! :-)

Couple months later I came upon about two gallons of orchid oil.
Don't ask!

So I scratch my head, and other parts, and wonder what in TAR-NAY-SHUN
a mechanical guy like me should do with orchid oil.

Well after a LOT of hesitation I finally opened up the barrel and decanted
some
of the oil into one of those small alcohol burners.

And you know what? It doesn't smell bad at all!

I even tried putting a match to it. Burns it does. But the burning doesn't
do much to
enhance the smell.

However, after you douse the flame, the smell is much more intense.

I suppose it's just because when you heat it you speed up evaporation.

Anyway, for the time being, whenever I want my shop to smell funny, I just
take the top off the alcohol burner and within a few minutes ...

Humm...

Now I'm just waiting for all those young women to come by and tell me that
my
shop smells so... NICE! :-)ooooooo

DOC

Buy my junk! http://www3.sympatico.ca/doc/robotone/for-sale.html

lookfantastic.com has it at $45 an ounce. Math must be off , I get
$11,520 and your burning it in the shop ?