Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Don Foreman

Default bike lights

Making some bike lights for my daughter who rides her bicycle in
traffic in Brooklyn NY.

I'm playing with some red Luxeon LED's, powered from 3 NiMH
rechargable penlight cells.

These suckers are seriously bright. I noted that the one I was
running looked yellow (not red) from a distance of 100 feet -- but
when I looked away for a bit and then looked back they looked red agan
for an instant. WTF, over?

When I walked back I noted that the spill on the table looked red.
Geez, maybe I overloaded my red receptors?

I turned down the current to 30% by soldering in another dropping
resistor. Sure enough, it then looked red at 100 feet.

Wondering why everything looks green now.......