Bill Cotton

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
Making some bike lights for my daughter who rides her bicycle in
traffic in Brooklyn NY.

I'm playing with some red Luxeon LED's, powered from 3 NiMH
rechargable penlight cells.

These suckers are seriously bright. I noted that the one I was
running looked yellow (not red) from a distance of 100 feet -- but
when I looked away for a bit and then looked back they looked red agan
for an instant. WTF, over?

When I walked back I noted that the spill on the table looked red.
Geez, maybe I overloaded my red receptors?

I turned down the current to 30% by soldering in another dropping
resistor. Sure enough, it then looked red at 100 feet.

Wondering why everything looks green now.......

The bicycle news groups has discussed LED lights often. On this page and
others are some of the light that I have made.
http://www.billcotton.com/bicycle_electric.htm My first LED light were from
mounting the 15 LED Mag type flashlights that Harbor Freight sells, on my
bicycle. These flashlight get maximum brightness and short life by putting
4+ volts on the LEDs. Another light was made by modifying a one LED head
lamp from HF to accept a 1156 LED replacement bulb and a 12 volt supply.
http://www.billcotton.com/bicycle_el...20LED%20lights

www.billcotton.com
N40° 3.744' W75° 6.180'