Don Foreman

Default bike lights

Making some bike lights for my daughter who rides her bicycle in
traffic in Brooklyn NY.

I'm playing with some red Luxeon LED's, powered from 3 NiMH
rechargable penlight cells.

These suckers are seriously bright. I noted that the one I was
running looked yellow (not red) from a distance of 100 feet -- but
when I looked away for a bit and then looked back they looked red agan
for an instant. WTF, over?

When I walked back I noted that the spill on the table looked red.
Geez, maybe I overloaded my red receptors?

I turned down the current to 30% by soldering in another dropping
resistor. Sure enough, it then looked red at 100 feet.

Wondering why everything looks green now.......