Leslie Watts

I am a private pilot ASEL.

Les Watts

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Searcher

I work for United Airlines although not a pilot, I'm just a lowly Ramp Rat.
In the summer months I swap out the food and bev carts but when the cold
weather sets in I'm the best damn deicer you've seen.I am working to get my
rec. license. Hopefully in the next two years I will have enough money saved
to buy a share in a Bonanza. I prefer the H35, Now thats a beautiful vintage
bird.

Searcher1

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Lewis Hartswick

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Sail plane, aero tow, ( not current )
...lew...

Vaughn Simon

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Sailplane instructor/rides pilot, newby power pilot.

Vaughn

Ken Finney

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

I'm planning on getting my Sport Pilot license next Summer.

Scott Moore

Jim Frogge wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

I am. It would be even more interesting to find out how many pilots hre are
A&P rated mechanics.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
My electronics engineering consulting site: http://www.moorecad.com
ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

Being right is more powerfull than large corporations or governments.
The right argument may not be pervasive, but the facts eventually are.
Gary A. Gorgen

Scott Moore wrote:
Jim Frogge wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

I am. It would be even more interesting to find out how many pilots hre are
A&P rated mechanics.

ME ! :-)
also jet.
Spartan '65

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"
| Tunxis Design Inc.
| Cupertino, Ca. 95014

Roger Hull

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 6:16:46 -0700, Jim Frogge wrote
(in message ):

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Commercial SEL (Not current..lost medical)
A&P Spartan 1971
Ticked when Hefner sold the DC-9....

Sunworshipper

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:16:46 -0400, "Jim Frogge"
wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

I soloed on my 16th birthday. If I had the $ I'd have a small twin and
an A&P just so I could work on it. Most of my hours were written in
the airframe logs and lost.

A sturdy and powerful areobatic plane would be cool , I'd try all
kinds of stuff between huge thunder heads for fun. I suppose this
would be a bad idea ? Would make for some cool footage ! A?
Dale Scroggins

Scott Moore wrote:
Jim Frogge wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

I am. It would be even more interesting to find out how many pilots hre are
A&P rated mechanics.

Me. Just started a new job two weeks ago, inspecting new Falcon Jets.
The company (Dassault) started a program recently, reimbursing employees
for pilot training. ALL employees. Guess I'll get my instrument rating.

Dale
Bonza

How many of you are licensed pilots?

I have a Beech A36 Bonanza

CPL ASEL, AMEL, ASES, IFR. No CFI.

Bob

Michelle P

ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, A&P
Michelle

Jim Frogge wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Keith Marshall

Not a pilot but I did engineering and maintenance on boeing 727 and 737
commercial simulators and a couple of others for nearly 20 years so I've
probably got a few thousand hours in them. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll
get run over if you just sit there."
- Will Rogers (1879-1935).

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Phil Ordway

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message ...
PP ASEL, 1/4 owner of 1972 Piper Archer

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

I seldom check this group and I'm not sure what flying aircraft has to do with anything about metal working but.... ATP, CFI, CFII, CFME, FE, SEL, MEL, SES, MES

CE500, CE750, L1011, B727, B747. I flew F-4s in the USAF
Craig

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message ...
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

PPL.

Currently own a Stinson L-5B, a Fairchild AT-21 and an Aero Commander
680. Haven't had time to do my A&P, but have over 20 years on various
flight lines and currently a Field and Service Mechaninc for Lockheed
Aero.
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Keith Marshall wrote:

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

[ ... ]

Not a pilot but I did engineering and maintenance on boeing 727 and 737
commercial simulators and a couple of others for nearly 20 years so I've
probably got a few thousand hours in them. :-)

If simulator time counts, I used to work for Melpar while they
were building the A7A simulators, and I got quite a few hours in those.
(Nothing logged, of course, but it was fun. :-)

A few minutes at the controls of various small planes which a
fried was legally flying. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Aust ATPl: fly freighters, long time lurker and requester of
assistance. :-)

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

One hour short of private pilot Glider when I decided bankruptcy by
aviation wasn't worth it.
Malcolm Spann

I am. It would be even more interesting to find out how many pilots hre are
A&P rated mechanics.

ME ! :-)
also jet.
Spartan '65

Me too. Got my A&P along with my BS in Aero, Maint. Mgt. from SJSU in
'82.

Single & Multi Commercial
Instrument
Private - Gliders
Ground Instructor
A&P

and, even logged some rotor time.

Not current with any of them, though .. (got married, bought a house,
had kids, got divorced .... sigh)

Jim Frogge

Me. Just started a new job two weeks ago, inspecting new Falcon Jets.
The company (Dassault) started a program recently, reimbursing employees
for pilot training. ALL employees. Guess I'll get my instrument rating.

Dale

DALE! YOU LUCKY DAWG!

michael

Ken Sterling wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

PP-SEL
Ken

Much more of this kinda talk and I'll have to start flying again. I just
won't buy another airplane. Maybe.

michael
RainLover

Just to throw in my 2 cents... I have a commercial rating (but
haven't flown for years since I can't afford it.... Priorities SUCK
sometimes....

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 04:05:25 -0400, "Leslie Watts"
wrote:

I am a private pilot ASEL.

Les Watts

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Ken Sterling

Ken Sterling wrote:

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

PP-SEL
Ken

Much more of this kinda talk and I'll have to start flying again. I just
won't buy another airplane. Maybe.

michael

I can't afford it either - have had my license for years, but haven't
flown for a few - cost has about tripled since I took my training.
Right now it's about $100/hr wet, but ya gotta factor in all the
charts, AIM manuals, medicals, etc. I have noticed in the last 3 or 4
years, there's *very few* small planes "practicing" overhead anymore.
Used to be the sky was full and everyone was enjoying themselves.
It's a shame to just see the planes sitting there on the ramp or in
hangars not being used.... sigh....Of course it's something I've
always wanted to do - and I did - so now I can die...However, last
weekend I *did* see an ultralight going overhead (slowly G), and I
haven't seen any of them in the air for a while - maybe the high costs
have forced an increase in sales/use of them.
Ken.

JR NORTH

Uh...I got 10 hours dual, does that count?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

michael

Ken Sterling wrote:

Ken Sterling wrote:

[...]

Cost can be an issue. BIG one sometimes. I found I was not using the
airplane enough to justify the tiedown, insurance, and the 'little'
things needing fixed annually that added up to $$$. I have been thinking
recently of getting back into flying again.

This reminds me, I've been making parts and engraving panel overlays for
a friend with a Glasair, and he owes me a ride. Hmm... Forget which
model, cruises around 280 or so. MUST get together with him soon.

michael
Larry Jaques

I took Basic Aviation in school and Dad let me take off and
fly a rented Cherokee C from our Oceanside, CA airfield to
Santa Catalina Island (Catalina, Gunner) and back, but wouldn't
let me land it. Does that count?

(I'm an Air Force brat who had to change his pants after
finding out how expensive flying was.)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:58:54 -0700, JR NORTH
calmly ranted:

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

wmbjk

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:48:26 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

I can't afford it either - have had my license for years, but haven't
flown for a few - cost has about tripled since I took my training.
Right now it's about $100/hr wet, but ya gotta factor in all the
charts, AIM manuals, medicals, etc.

To nobody in particular, but all of you who'd like to be up there and
think it's too expensive - there are thousands of homebuilt aircraft
partially finished in garages and basements. Most of these projects
are languishing because the owners can't commit the time and funds to
get them airborne. Yet in this group we have hundreds of folks with
the time to opine at length about .... exactly the skills needed to
complete those planes. Do I gotta' draw you a map? :-) When I was
building, I tried without success to find a partner to share the cost
and the work. Of course once the time came for free rides, I had more
*help* than I needed. ;-)

Wayne Glasair RG
Brian Lawson

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:54:55 GMT, wmbjk
wroteBIG SNIP

Wayne Glasair RG

I thought this was rec.crafts.metalworking.
Not rec.crafts.plasticplane !! VBG

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

(I was that helper you wanted, but on a Glastar. And I only ever had
one short ride after completion due to it took me ten minutes to get
in, and almost as long to get out, and hurt like hell. I just can't
fold up like a jack-knife to get in anymore, even though the cabin is
a good size. My knees only have 40% motion. But the guy I helped is
6' 4" and has loads of room)

Sunworshipper

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:49:50 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I took Basic Aviation in school and Dad let me take off and
fly a rented Cherokee C from our Oceanside, CA airfield to
Santa Catalina Island (Catalina, Gunner) and back, but wouldn't
let me land it. Does that count?

(I'm an Air Force brat who had to change his pants after
finding out how expensive flying was.)

Landing is the hard part. I was taught that the stall warning should
be on forever to save the tires. A lot of times my dad would just
point on the map follow that signal and then to that and that and tell
me when your there , then kick the seat back and read a paper back.
Or follow highways at night.

One time the plane broke down and he rented a cream puff and within an
hour all the electronics went out and we didn't even have a flash
light. And no one at the airport to turn the landing lights on. He set
it down at commercial airport close to home without a radio or lights.

The crop duster pilots where just as nice to me. Like disconnect all
the instruments and then a half hour later pull the throttle all the
way back till I was about to set it down in a strange field with power
lines on both ends. He said I lived when he pushed the throttle at
about 20'. Right after that I had to talk him out of going under the
causeway. I think it was me saying that we should have changed the
numbers with duct tape before hand that convinced him not to do it.
I was all for it , cept some busy body writing down the number.

Maybe that's why the bridge broke , from the planes buzzing through
it... )

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Ken Finney

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
Ken Sterling wrote:

[...]

HOPEFULLY (and I think it is a really good bet, but that fighting
goes on over in rec.aviation.homebuilt), the new Sport Pilot/
Light Sport Aircraft regulations will significantly reduce the
costs of getting a license and keeping a plane in the air.

Dan Thomas

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Private ticket '75, Commercial '93, IFR '95, Instructor '98,
Canadian AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, roughly equiv to A&P/IA)
2000. Employed full-time in a college aviation program. Own and fly a
Jodel D11.

Dan
Bob Edwards

"Jim Frogge" wrote in message ...
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Jim Frogge
Private Pilot-ASEL
Statesville, NC

www.southernprestige.com

Got my private license in '84, stopped flying for a couple years
shortly afterwards because of a divorce and sudden lack of
funds...then flew infrequently until 1990 or so, when my medical
couldn't get renewed. Every once in a while, I still pay for an hour
or two lesson, just to be flying again, usually on some bright sunny
day when I happen to be driving past a little country airport
somewhere. Sigh...

Regards,

Bob
Mountain Mike^^

Bob Edwards wrote in message
m...
"Jim Frogge" wrote in message

Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

Commercial helicopter. Army VN service in Ch-47's. (Chinook).

MM^^