Sunworshipper

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:49:50 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I took Basic Aviation in school and Dad let me take off and
fly a rented Cherokee C from our Oceanside, CA airfield to
Santa Catalina Island (Catalina, Gunner) and back, but wouldn't
let me land it. Does that count?

(I'm an Air Force brat who had to change his pants after
finding out how expensive flying was.)

Landing is the hard part. I was taught that the stall warning should
be on forever to save the tires. A lot of times my dad would just
point on the map follow that signal and then to that and that and tell
me when your there , then kick the seat back and read a paper back.
Or follow highways at night.

One time the plane broke down and he rented a cream puff and within an
hour all the electronics went out and we didn't even have a flash
light. And no one at the airport to turn the landing lights on. He set
it down at commercial airport close to home without a radio or lights.

The crop duster pilots where just as nice to me. Like disconnect all
the instruments and then a half hour later pull the throttle all the
way back till I was about to set it down in a strange field with power
lines on both ends. He said I lived when he pushed the throttle at
about 20'. Right after that I had to talk him out of going under the
causeway. I think it was me saying that we should have changed the
numbers with duct tape before hand that convinced him not to do it.
I was all for it , cept some busy body writing down the number.

Maybe that's why the bridge broke , from the planes buzzing through
it... )

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:58:54 -0700, JR NORTH
calmly ranted:

Uh...I got 10 hours dual, does that count?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Jim Frogge wrote:
Just curious as I've seen several posts over the past couple years in
regards to aviation. How many of you are licensed pilots?

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming