Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mini Ice Age coming

Gunner Asch,

Are you also the "Gunner" that can be found in older posts? I tried sending you a message regarding the sourcing of Bridgeport spindle bearings that was discussed quite some time ago by Gunner. I'm only cluttering up this topic because I know sometimes people register under throw away email addresses (to avoid spam) that never get checked.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/16/2017 11:37 PM, Flying Trunk Monkey wrote:
Gunner Asch,

Are you also the "Gunner" that can be found in older posts?

He is the "gunner" who has been making empty death threats for (at
least) the last 15 years - some bull**** about a "great cull".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

He is the "gunner" who has been making empty death threats for (at
least) the last 15 years - some bull**** about a "great cull".

Sweet, I need some new bearings for my Bridgeport so I can crank out some ghost guns to help with the cull.

Seriously though, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:37:25 -0700 (PDT), Flying Trunk Monkey
wrote:

Gunner Asch,

Are you also the "Gunner" that can be found in older posts? I tried sending you a message regarding the sourcing of Bridgeport spindle bearings that was discussed quite some time ago by Gunner. I'm only cluttering up this topic because I know sometimes people register under throw away email addresses (to avoid spam) that never get checked.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron

Ive been "Gunner" or "Gunner Asch" on Usenet, since 1998, so Im
probably the wonk you are looking for.

What do you need to know about BP spindle bearings? You can get them
from just about any bearing house.

That being said..there are literally hundreds of places that will sell
you a decent set of bearings, a pair of belts and an entire kit for
little money

http://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/s...57/page/601085

etc etc etc

https://www.google.com/search?q=brid...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Its easy peasy to do a spindle job and takes about 2 hours the first
time with no rushing

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 00:39:09 -0700 (PDT), Flying Trunk Monkey
wrote:

He is the "gunner" who has been making empty death threats for (at
least) the last 15 years - some bull**** about a "great cull".

Sweet, I need some new bearings for my Bridgeport so I can crank out some ghost guns to help with the cull.

Seriously though, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Maybe the nym shifter can give you info and parts sources? He walks on
water so maybe he will simply lay hands on the machine..and heal it.

If you own a Hardinge lathe....do a google on this term:

"hardinge spindle bearing re placement gunner"

You will find several versions of a procedure I wrote years ago, for
replaceing bearings in Hardinge lathes that has been well received.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...-hvl-h-216162/

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch,

Are you also the "Gunner" that can be found in older posts? I tried sending you a message regarding the sourcing of Bridgeport spindle bearings that was discussed quite some time ago by Gunner. I'm only cluttering up this topic because I know sometimes people register under throw away email addresses (to avoid spam) that never get checked.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron

Ive been "Gunner" or "Gunner Asch" on Usenet, since 1998, so Im
probably the chronic liar and failed janitor you are looking for.

I fixed that for you. No need to thank me for it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He is the "gunner" who has been making empty death threats for (at
least) the last 15 years - some bull**** about a "great cull".

Sweet, I need some new bearings for my Bridgeport so I can crank out some ghost guns to help with the cull.

Seriously though, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Maybe the nym shifter can give you info and parts sources? He walks on
water so

No, he isn't that good, but he's more than good enough to rub your snout
in the **** every time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ive been "Gunner" or "Gunner Asch" on Usenet, since 1998, so Im
probably the wonk you are looking for.

What do you need to know about BP spindle bearings? You can get them
from just about any bearing house.

That being said..there are literally hundreds of places that will sell
you a decent set of bearings, a pair of belts and an entire kit for
little money

http://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/s...57/page/601085

etc etc etc

https://www.google.com/search?q=brid...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Its easy peasy to do a spindle job and takes about 2 hours the first
time with no rushing

Gunner

(REAL)Gunner,
Is that the source you were alluding to in this (very old) post?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.crafts.metalworking/%22new$20departure%22$20bridgeport$20spindle%7Csor t:relevance/rec.crafts.metalworking/Mxxi5pHTJR4/Brfe1VegCbMJ

That's the post that got my attention in my Google searching.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 18:30:51 -0700 (PDT), Flying Trunk Monkey
wrote:

[...]

Depending on where you get them.. "Coyote Engineering" will usually
get you a decent discount.

Thompson Industrial Supply:

https://www.mapquest.com/us/californ...upply-11501327

Alpine Bearing

https://www.mapquest.com/us/californ...-west-11502031

I generally get 3rd column pricing. Use my name (Mark Wieber) and my
company name, (Coyote Engineering) , when you order.

Let me know if you have any problems

805-732-5308 (cell, 24/7)

Gunner

---