Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mini Ice Age coming

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 18:30:51 -0700 (PDT), Flying Trunk Monkey
wrote:

Ive been "Gunner" or "Gunner Asch" on Usenet, since 1998, so Im
probably the wonk you are looking for.

What do you need to know about BP spindle bearings? You can get them
from just about any bearing house.

That being said..there are literally hundreds of places that will sell
you a decent set of bearings, a pair of belts and an entire kit for
little money

http://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/s...57/page/601085

etc etc etc

https://www.google.com/search?q=brid...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Its easy peasy to do a spindle job and takes about 2 hours the first
time with no rushing

Gunner

(REAL)Gunner,
Is that the source you were alluding to in this (very old) post?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.crafts.metalworking/%22new$20departure%22$20bridgeport$20spindle%7Csor t:relevance/rec.crafts.metalworking/Mxxi5pHTJR4/Brfe1VegCbMJ

That's the post that got my attention in my Google searching.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Depending on where you get them.. "Coyote Engineering" will usually
get you a decent discount.

Thompson Industrial Supply:

https://www.mapquest.com/us/californ...upply-11501327

Alpine Bearing

https://www.mapquest.com/us/californ...-west-11502031

I generally get 3rd column pricing. Use my name (Mark Wieber) and my
company name, (Coyote Engineering) , when you order.

Let me know if you have any problems

805-732-5308 (cell, 24/7)

Gunner

---