Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Dead Harvest

Gunner Asch wrote on 6/30/2016 7:33 PM:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:36:09 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 07:32:30 -0700, Derek LaHousse
wrote:

On 6/29/2016 9:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 17:33:21 -0700, Derek LaHousse
wrote:

On 6/29/2016 2:21 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:52:53 -0400, oOcvJ???????? ? ?????????MnGhk
wrote:

Clave wrote on 6/29/2016 10:28 AM:
On 6/29/2016 5:29 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:33:20 -0700, Clave
wrote:

On 6/28/2016 9:20 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:51:19 -0700, Isn't Life Strange
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:37:27 -0400, COadQ???????? ? ?????????NyIyU
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote on 6/28/2016 7:10 PM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrRyAYgw34#t=44

This is where I live.

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Your desert rat hole is drying up because you ignored Al Gore's
warning
about global warming.

https://www.ted.com/talks/al_gore_on_averting_climate_crisis?language=en

https://www.ted.com/talks/al_gore_s_new_thinking_on_the_climate_crisis?langu age=en

Wieber should be Ok though because he says he comes from a long
line of people who can see the
future. So he knew what was coming. And with his self professed 165
IQ and Amazing skills, he must
have stocked up on everything he needed to survive the locusts and
whatever. He seems to have all
the nicotine and caffeine and junk food he wants. Surely he made
the survival stuff a priority over
that frivolous crap, right?

Its fun to know you will be dead long before I will.

No, that's not true. You - a scrounger and dole deadbeat - will be dead
long earlier. Guaranteed.
Perhaps not. Those who can live off "scrounge" have several
advantages over those who need "primE" everything to survive -
including higher immunity.

gummer lives badly and unhealthily off scrounging. His health is
already quite...compromised.

It is hilarious the ****face Gummer thinks he is middle-class.

At the moment, lower middle class, but yep..middle class.

Bull****. You've reported your income at various levels all below $30K.
That's below the poverty level for the number of scroungers in your
household.

You always get caught in your stupid ****ing lies.

Actually...27k is the poverty level for a family of 4.

Which is about your income. Even if you are slightly above the poverty
level, that doesn't make you "lower middle class" by a damned stretch.

You got caught in another stupid lie, that's all.

There are a lot of "low class" people out there that make a lot more
than $37000 per year - money does not impart class - and quite a few
people living a "middle class" life on less tha $28000.

It's not so much how much you make as how far you make it last (how
you spend it)

Big gold star!

I grew up living "frugal". My parents were children of the Great
Depression parents..and they were taught to live frugal as well. They
passed it down. Mom and Dad had a Nice! home and after I left
home..did very well for themselves, Dad ultimately wound up owning a
jewelry store and Mom ran the county building inspection department.

Did they teach to to lie and cheat?

I made a bunch of career moves...that weren't very smart.. after the
fact..and the economy has basically ruined this career. Now at 62..I'm
trying to find something semi local and that pays enough to keep the
wolves away from the door. And here in this part of California..its
tough.

Yeah, whenever I have trouble on the job here in the big city east coast, I go yelling and screaming to the unemployment agency. They usually help work things out before I quit or anything like that.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

Im starting to wonder if its my age that is the problem. I figure Ive
got at least another 10 yrs of full time work..but I send out the
resumes and applications..and hear nothing back from any of them.
Shrug. Im not hispanic..which I know is an issue to some....

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Jesus H. Christ! You fail the test at Freto-lay and you brag about it?
What's next, a long story about how you went down the Texaco there and
you couldn't pass the test?

Keep tuned folks. Next week the thrilling episode of the trip to the
unemployed office where he fails once again.
--
and a good day to you Sir,

The Mighty Ant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Yeah, whenever I have trouble on the job here in the big city east coast, I go yelling and screaming to the unemployment agency. They usually help work things out before I quit or anything like that.

I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

Hold your breath.

Im starting to wonder if its my age that is the problem. I figure Ive

Y'think? Well, since you're not under 25 -and- in perfect health,
you're OUT (can't regularly lift over 650#, as age would be
discrimination)! Also, if you've ever made more than minimum wage,
you're out (overqualified.)

got at least another 10 yrs of full time work..but I send out the
resumes and applications..and hear nothing back from any of them.
Shrug. Im not hispanic..which I know is an issue to some....

Easy, mon. Become female, then seek aid. We Single White Males are
the sole minority in the working sector of this fine USA. Makes me
sick.

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

Ayup. It's that way (everyw)here, too, but "they" still show the
economy booming.

--
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into.

You only imagine you'd "fit into."

Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test

You wasted your time. As soon as the "leftist" HR person googles your
name, your application will be deleted.

..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into

Why didn't you tell them as you told us, that you only submitted to
places you'd fit into? chuckle

...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

Snicker indeed. Can you count down from 10? You should apply at NASA.

Im starting to wonder if its my age that is the problem.

You said weeks ago that age IS the problem. It's not.

I figure Ive
got at least another 10 yrs of full time work.

Hahaha!

.but I send out the
resumes and applications..and hear nothing back from any of them.

No ****?

Shrug. Im not hispanic..which I know is an issue to some....

Oops, you seem to have forgotten that you phony conservatives like to
complain about reverse discrimination. So you should be claiming some
minority status on your applications. How about "lying deadbeat?"

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

No. If you had a fraction of the skills you claim, your only problem
would be choosing which offer to accept.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Job hunting in these Modern Times was OT-Dead Harvest

Gunner Asch on Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:04:43 -0700
[...]

You got that matricular card ... so in a day and age when they
have to accept a "woman" with the XY chromosomes, why can't you
"identify" as a wetback?

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

California is in deep trouble, the industries are an effect. Of
course, "Sacramento" will again get smacked by The Good Idea Fairy,
and lackign adult supervision, will promptly implement such a Good
Idea. Causing more industries to close/leave/go galt.

I remember a couple years ago, when the press releases were about
the increasing rate of 'large' companies announcing their departure
from the California employment scene (by closing or moving). Haven't
heard much in the last couple years, is that because there aren't any
large companies left to require press releases when they leave, or are
those incidents now "misreports"?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 08:56:43 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

They are STILL leaving..it just isnt talked about much by the MSM.

For the first time in California's history...more are moving out than
are moving in.

http://www.newgeography.com/content/...a-a-world-hurt

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The fact is that a LOT of people in California, virtually all of them
with less skills than you claim to posses. They have jobs, and you do
not. Do you think anyone reading has trouble figuring out the reason
for the disparity?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

He's close enough to sneak into Mexico and unsuccessfully sneak back
into the USA, resulting in his being given SS, Welfare, SSI, and other
bennies.

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

California is in deep trouble, the industries are an effect. Of
course, "Sacramento" will again get smacked by The Good Idea Fairy,
and lackign adult supervision, will promptly implement such a Good
Idea. Causing more industries to close/leave/go galt.

Speaking of which, where IS John Galt?

I remember a couple years ago, when the press releases were about
the increasing rate of 'large' companies announcing their departure
from the California employment scene (by closing or moving). Haven't
heard much in the last couple years, is that because there aren't any
large companies left to require press releases when they leave, or are
those incidents now "misreports"?

I tink dem's gone and went.

--
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
--George Washington
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No need. He can ask for help from the VA, right after he produces his
DD214. Hahahahaha! He has just as much proof he's entitled to 40
acres and a mule.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh Im sure they can. I dont work at a MickeyDs

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Well stated!

I remember a couple years ago, when the press releases were about
the increasing rate of 'large' companies announcing their departure
from the California employment scene (by closing or moving). Haven't
heard much in the last couple years, is that because there aren't any
large companies left to require press releases when they leave, or are
those incidents now "misreports"?

I tink dem's gone and went.

No...they are till moving out.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...n_a_hurry.html

http://freebeacon.com/issues/number-...nearly-decade/

According to IRS migration data, which uses individual income tax
returns to record year-to-year address changes, over 250,000
California residents moved out of the state between 2013 and 2014, the
latest period for which data was available

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/h...look-5853.html

The Great California Exodus: A Closer Look
Tom Gray

For decades after World War II, California was a destination for
Americans in search of a better life. In many people’s minds, it was
the state with more jobs, more space, more sunlight, and more
opportunity. They voted with their feet, and California grew
spectacularly (its population increased by 137 percent between 1960
and 2010). However, this golden age of migration into the state is
over. For the past two decades, California has been sending more
people to other American states than it receives from them. Since
1990, the state has lost nearly 3.4 million residents through this
migration.

This study describes the great ongoing California exodus, using data
from the Census, the Internal Revenue Service, the state’s Department
of Finance, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Federal Housing
Finance Agency, and other sources. We map in detail where in
California the migrants come from, and where they go when they leave
the state. We then analyze the data to determine the likely causes of
California’s decline and the lessons that its decline holds for other
states.

The data show a pattern of movement over the past decade from
California mainly to states in the western and southern U.S.: Texas,
Nevada, and Arizona, in that order, are the top magnet states. Oregon,
Washington, Colorado, Idaho, and Utah follow. Rounding out the top ten
are two southern states: Georgia and South Carolina.

A finer-grained regional analysis reveals that the main current of
migration out of California in the past decade has flowed eastward
across the Colorado River, reversing the storied passages of the Dust
Bowl era. Southern California had about 55 percent of the state’s
population in 2000 but accounted for about 65 percent of the net
out-migration in the decade that followed. More than 70 percent of the
state’s net migration to Texas came from California’s south.

What has caused California’s transformation from a “pull in” to a
“push out” state? The data have revealed several crucial drivers. One
is chronic economic adversity (in most years, California unemployment
is above the national average). Another is density: the Los Angeles
and Orange County region now has a population density of 6,999.3 per
square mile—well ahead of New York or Chicago. Dense coastal areas are
a source of internal migration, as people seek more space in
California’s interior, as well as migration to other states. A third
factor is state and local governments’ constant fiscal instability,
which sends at least two discouraging messages to businesses and
individuals. One is that they cannot count on state and local
governments to provide essential services—much less, tax breaks or
other incentives. Second, chronically out-of-balance budgets can be
seen as tax hikes waiting to happen.

The data also reveal the motives that drive individuals and businesses
to leave California. One of these, of course, is work. States with low
unemployment rates, such as Texas, are drawing people from California,
whose rate is above the national average. Taxation also appears to be
a factor, especially as it contributes to the business climate and, in
turn, jobs. Most of the destination states favored by Californians
have lower taxes. States that have gained the most at California’s
expense are rated as having better business climates. The data suggest
that many cost drivers—taxes, regulations, the high price of housing
and commercial real estate, costly electricity, union power, and high
labor costs—are prompting businesses to locate outside California,
thus helping to drive the exodus.

Population change, along with the migration patterns that shape it,
are important indicators of fiscal and political health. Migration
choices reveal an important truth: some states understand how to get
richer, while others seem to have lost the touch. California is a
state in the latter group, but it can be put back on track. All it
takes is the political will.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/26/15...esses-fleeing/

http://www.turlockjournal.com/archives/31917/

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...xpansions.html
Roughly 9,000 California companies moved their headquarters or
diverted projects to out-of-state locations in the last seven years,
and Dallas-Fort Worth has been a prime beneficiary of the Golden
State’s “hostile” business environment.

That’s the conclusion of study by Joseph Vranich, a site selection
consultant and president of Irvine, California-based Spectrum Location
Solutions.
Toyota is moving its headquarters to this Plano location (the vacant
area in the photo’s left). Enlarge

Toyota is moving its headquarters to this Plano location (the vacant
area in the… more

Submitted photo

Of the 9,000 businesses that he estimates disinvested in California,
some relocated completely while others kept their headquarters in
California but targeted out-of-state locations for expansions, Vranich
found. The report did not count instances of companies opening a new
out-of-state facility to tap a growing market, an act unrelated to
California’s business environment.

Japanese automaker Toyota, which is consolidating its North American
headquarters in Plano over the next couple of years, is one of those
companies. The company is leaving Torrance, California, and two other
locations to set up shop in Plano, where it will employ 4,000.

It’s typical for companies leaving California to experience operating
cost savings of 20 up to 35 percent, Vranich said. He said in an email
to the Dallas Business Journal that he considers the results of the
seven-year, 378-page study “astonishing.”

“I even wonder if some kind of ‘business migration history’ has been
made,” Vranich wrote in his note.

I’ll talk to Vranich about specifics of his study later today, so stay
tuned.

For now, here are some highlights:

Texas ranked as the top state to which businesses migrated,
followed by: (2) Nevada, (3) Arizona, (4) Colorado, (5) Washington,
(6) Oregon, (7) North Carolina, (8) Florida, (9) Georgia and (10)
Virginia. Texas was the top destination for California companies each
year during the seven-year study period.
Metro areas benefiting from California disinvestment events,
starting with those that gained the most, a (1) Austin-Round
Rock-San Marcos, (2) Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, (3)
Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, (4) Reno-Sparks, (5) Las Vegas-Paradise, (6)
Portland-Vancouver (WA)-Hillsboro, (7) Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, (8)
Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, (9) Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta and (10)
Salt Lake City tied with San Antonio.
Broken down to the municipal level, the Top 15, starting with
those that gained the most, a (1) Austin, (2) Reno, (3) Las Vegas,
(4) Seattle, (5) Phoenix, (6) Dallas, (7) Portland, Ore. (8) San
Antonio, (9) Denver, (10) Scottsdale, (11) Houston, (12) Colorado
Springs, (13) Irving, Texas, Plano, and Texas, Hillsboro, Ore. tied,
(14) Fort Worth and Tempe, Ariz. tied, (15) Pittsburgh, Nashville,
Salt Lake City, and Cary N.C. tied.
Los Angeles led the Top 15 California counties with the highest
number of disinvestment events, followed by: (2) Orange, (3) Santa
Clara, (4) San Francisco, (5) San Diego, (6) Alameda, (7) San Mateo,
(8) Ventura, (9) Sacramento, (10) Riverside, (11) San Bernardino, (12)
Contra Costa tied with Santa Barbara, (13) San Joaquin, (14)
Stanislaus and (15) Sonoma.
Companies continue to leave California because of rising costs and
concerns over the state’s “hostile” business environment, according to
the study, which also names companies and provides details of business
disinvestments in the state.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You don't work anywhere, and no proper outfit will hire you. Your only
hope is a junkyard or something. Even then, there's no shortage of $10
an hour guys who'd make better employees than you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:52:21 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 22:42:41 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I tink dem's gone and went.

No...they are till moving out.

So what? You are the Amazing Wieber. You have so much skill that you
will be the last person to lose his income and have to leave, right?
There's just that one small issue of finding a job, something that so
many losers and no accounts are able to do, while you cannot. What's
your explanation for that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Cites? Ive got an interview Wed. Managing a maint dept. Wish me
luck!

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I tink dem's gone and went.

No...they are till moving out.

So what? You are the Amazing Wieber. You have so much skill that you
will be the last person to lose his income and have to leave, right?
There's just that one small issue of finding a job, something that so
many losers and no accounts are able to do, while you cannot. What's
your explanation for that?

I wont work for $10 an hour?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 13:49:55 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ive got an interview Wed. Managing a maint dept. Wish me
luck!

You should carry that form of lying to its logical conclusion. Claim
you got the job, make great money, owner in awe, satisfying the female
stuff multiple times per day, etc. Just be careful not to post during
work hours or the jig will be up. Also, get your excuse ready for why
you can't post a pay stub.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I tink dem's gone and went.

No...they are till moving out.

So what? You are the Amazing Wieber. You have so much skill that you
will be the last person to lose his income and have to leave, right?
There's just that one small issue of finding a job, something that so
many losers and no accounts are able to do, while you cannot. What's
your explanation for that?

I wont work for $10 an hour?

The rate doesn't matter. You won't be getting hired anywhere. And
you'll write multiple contradictory excuses, as usual.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Hope you get the job
---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Goodness Gracious. Are you telling me that Gunner didn't join the Army
when he was 12 years old and cross great oceans to make the world save
from Communism?

That my hero has feet of clay?

(or was that head?)
--
and a good day to you Sir,

The Mighty Ant

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

In fact, you don't work at all. Shoot! you even failed at the freto
shop.
--
and a good day to you Sir,

The Mighty Ant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Me too! Its getting really bad here in California, both in
manufacturing and in the oil fields.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-are-shut-down
http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news...in-kern-county

An interesting article about the town I live in and the surrounds

https://orionmagazine.org/article/th...f-kern-county/

The oil fields are just about totally shut down..least they are not
doing any rework, pump changes etc etc. Im my particular town...more
and more houses are on the For Sale/For Rent/Abandoned list...this is
very much like the oil collapse of the mid 1980s, which caused me to
ultimately switch careers and run a time clock company and then get
into machinery service.
---

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-07-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

So, what was their test like? Got a link to it online? Just curious
how would they test a maintenance position applicant.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 03 Jul 2016 15:38:41 -0500, Ignoramus7994

On 2016-07-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

So, what was their test like? Got a link to it online? Just curious
how would they test a maintenance position applicant.

Just go to the frito lay website and apply for a job. They make you
take the test(s) before applying for a job.

http://www.fritolay.com/people/frito-lay-employment.htm

The tests were absurd and more oriented for $9hr packers than anything
else.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2016-07-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

You applied for a $9.00 an hour job? And didn't get it because you
failed the test?

And than posted it all over he Internet so every one be aware of your
failings?

Unf**king believable.
--
and a good day to you Sir,

The Mighty Ant

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-07-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

So, what was their test like? Got a link to it online? Just curious
how would they test a maintenance position applicant.

Just go to the frito lay website and apply for a job. They make you
take the test(s) before applying for a job.

http://www.fritolay.com/people/frito-lay-employment.htm

The tests were absurd and more oriented for $9hr packers than anything
else.

They also do background checks, which you couldn't pass either. I tell
my minions to learn to never punch above their weight. Perhaps you
could apply for a packer's assistant position at a smaller company.

DJT

“It’s freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!”