Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Job hunting in these Modern Times was OT-Dead Harvest

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 08:56:43 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:04:43 -0700
Yeah, whenever I have trouble on the job here in the big city east coast, I go yelling and screaming to the unemployment agency. They usually help work things out before I quit or anything like that.

I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

Im starting to wonder if its my age that is the problem. I figure Ive
got at least another 10 yrs of full time work..but I send out the
resumes and applications..and hear nothing back from any of them.
Shrug. Im not hispanic..which I know is an issue to some....

You got that matricular card ... so in a day and age when they
have to accept a "woman" with the XY chromosomes, why can't you
"identify" as a wetback?

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

California is in deep trouble, the industries are an effect. Of
course, "Sacramento" will again get smacked by The Good Idea Fairy,
and lackign adult supervision, will promptly implement such a Good
Idea. Causing more industries to close/leave/go galt.

I remember a couple years ago, when the press releases were about
the increasing rate of 'large' companies announcing their departure
from the California employment scene (by closing or moving). Haven't
heard much in the last couple years, is that because there aren't any
large companies left to require press releases when they leave, or are
those incidents now "misreports"?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

They are STILL leaving..it just isnt talked about much by the MSM.

For the first time in California's history...more are moving out than
are moving in.

http://www.newgeography.com/content/...a-a-world-hurt

---