Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Dead Harvest

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:04:43 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:52:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
Yeah, whenever I have trouble on the job here in the big city east coast, I go yelling and screaming to the unemployment agency. They usually help work things out before I quit or anything like that.

I updated my resume last week and shipped out about 25 copies to local
companies that I would fit into. Chuckle..I took the online test for
the local Frito-Lay factory..they are looking for a 2nd shift maint
guy..and after completing the rather wierd and inane online test..was
told that there wasnt any openings that I would fit into...but they
will hold my application for 6 months and then I can try again.
Snicker

Hold your breath.

Im starting to wonder if its my age that is the problem. I figure Ive

Y'think? Well, since you're not under 25 -and- in perfect health,
you're OUT (can't regularly lift over 650#, as age would be
discrimination)! Also, if you've ever made more than minimum wage,
you're out (overqualified.)

got at least another 10 yrs of full time work..but I send out the
resumes and applications..and hear nothing back from any of them.
Shrug. Im not hispanic..which I know is an issue to some....

Easy, mon. Become female, then seek aid. We Single White Males are
the sole minority in the working sector of this fine USA. Makes me
sick.

California is in deep trouble, as are all the industries here.

Ayup. It's that way (everyw)here, too, but "they" still show the
economy booming.

--
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."