Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Safe ss weld discoloration remover

The question of how to remove the oxide discoloration resulting from
welding stainless comes up from time to time. Praxair has a new
solution, said to be safe.

I don't know anything about it but there is a brief mention in our new
magazine, _Welding Productivity_.

http://staging.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/.../stage.php#/10

You're seeing that issue before the rest of the world will see it. It
probably will go live tomorrow. It's still undergoing some editing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call Praxair.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 4:39:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
The question of how to remove the oxide discoloration resulting from
welding stainless comes up from time to time. Praxair has a new
solution, said to be safe.

I don't know anything about it but there is a brief mention in our new
magazine, _Welding Productivity_.

http://staging.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/.../stage.php#/10

You're seeing that issue before the rest of the world will see it. It
probably will go live tomorrow. It's still undergoing some editing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call Praxair.

--
Ed Huntress

That's pretty awesome.. Be a nice product vs the old way of doing it..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 04:44:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 4:39:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
The question of how to remove the oxide discoloration resulting from
welding stainless comes up from time to time. Praxair has a new
solution, said to be safe.

I don't know anything about it but there is a brief mention in our new
magazine, _Welding Productivity_.

http://staging.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/.../stage.php#/10

You're seeing that issue before the rest of the world will see it. It
probably will go live tomorrow. It's still undergoing some editing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call Praxair.

--
Ed Huntress

That's pretty awesome.. Be a nice product vs the old way of doing it..

Yeah, keeping hydrofluoric acid around makes me uncomfortable. If this
stuff works well, a lot of people in the fabricating business will
jump on it.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There do seem to be a fair number of safe products, compared to
hydroflouric/nitric, on the market, at least in the UK. A company I know
uses a phosphoric acid based liquid with an electric power supply
http://www.tigmop.com/ .
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, Ensitech has something similar in their TIG Brush. But Praxair's
new product doesn't involve electricity or the power supply and
equipment.

--
Ed Huntress

What is this discoloration in toilet? [email protected] Home Repair 42 July 7th 19 02:58 AM
CA accelerator discoloration [email protected] Metalworking 8 December 8th 12 02:43 AM
Brass Discoloration [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 30th 08 01:41 PM
Wood DIScoloration Steve B Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 04:43 PM
Help with discoloration on TV KitKat Electronics Repair 6 January 25th 05 03:17 AM