Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Safe ss weld discoloration remover

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 04:44:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 4:39:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
The question of how to remove the oxide discoloration resulting from
welding stainless comes up from time to time. Praxair has a new
solution, said to be safe.

I don't know anything about it but there is a brief mention in our new
magazine, _Welding Productivity_.

http://staging.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/.../stage.php#/10

You're seeing that issue before the rest of the world will see it. It
probably will go live tomorrow. It's still undergoing some editing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call Praxair.

--
Ed Huntress

That's pretty awesome.. Be a nice product vs the old way of doing it..

Yeah, keeping hydrofluoric acid around makes me uncomfortable. If this
stuff works well, a lot of people in the fabricating business will
jump on it.

--
Ed Huntress