Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default scott portable welder

On Saturday, August 30, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, mlightner wrote:
I recently acquired a DC welder with the name H C Scott Industries on it
- it has what looks like a car alternator mounted inside an 8" x 8" x12"
frame, and has an outlet for
plugging power tools into125VDC, (rated at 12 amps). The welder portion
of it consists
of two terminals for the leads and a dial that selects from 35 to 135
amps. I had no luck
finding the manufacturer of it, though there is an address still
readable (a po box in New Mexico) on the housing.

Has anyone out there had any experience with one of these? The unit
didn't come with
a motor, and has a few wires I need to ID, but all the diodes seem to
read ok. The bearings also seem allright, does anyone out there have
any suggestions (or better yet
technical literature on it) as to rpm or hp needed to run it?

Thanks for any light shed on this subject.

josh

Hello, I had one of these Scott welders I cannot give any information on repair for I no longer own it but it was a great little welder, get it repaired if you can! a great little portable gas welder 1 person can carry up stairs wish I still had it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 05:25:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

Hi, Josh. I, too, had one of those follow me home from Gunner's
recently, but I haven't had time to do any research on it yet.
As well as all the questions you asked, I wish to find out what
devices will safely plug into 125vdc in addition to 120vac.
I'm wondering if a lawn mower engine might power it, but also wondered
how much torque it would require, thinking about bicycle power to run
it off-grid sans-fuel.

Hello, I had one of these Scott welders I cannot give any information on repair for I no longer own it but it was a great little welder, get it repaired if you can! a great little portable gas welder 1 person can carry up stairs wish I still had it.

Huh? How'd we get from alternator to gas?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I think he meant gas engine powered ... I like your bicycle idea though .
Get my wife to push the pedals ... and I better stop there , she's sitting
close by and sometimes reads over my shoulder .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine...and_torque.htm
http://bikecalculator.com/veloUS.html
15 MPH. = 100 W
1 HP = 746 W
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I have/had one. Did you get it from me?

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 06:02:16 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

Ah!! Larry got it!. Never mind. Its been a long week..sigh.

Hello, I had one of these Scott welders I cannot give any information on repair for I no longer own it but it was a great little welder, get it repaired if you can! a great little portable gas welder 1 person can carry up stairs wish I still had it.

Huh? How'd we get from alternator to gas?

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 08:47:33 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Yabbut, he said "gas welder", not "gasoline-powered arc welder".
You might be right, but it sure reads strangely.

I like your bicycle idea though .
Get my wife to push the pedals ... and I better stop there , she's sitting
close by and sometimes reads over my shoulder .

If we see any blood-stained posts come from you, we'll know exactly
what happened.

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:25:17 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yabbut, how much will Snag's old lady produce? And what are the RPM
and torque figures required to produce x watts on a li'l Scott jobber?
You didn't even _half_ do my homework for me. Shameful.

BTW, I figured it would be a quick battery charger, but I'll have to
see the voltage output to confirm. Work has been semi-steady so far,
so I haven't gotten to the "Research and Projects Only" stage of the
work year as yet. I guess I'll have to break down and buy a digital
non-contact tachometer, too. $10.51 isn't bad, though.

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I thought you might pick up on that statement. g

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm
http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:44:51 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

Not a lot there, either. Well, thanks for trying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

When it went public.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 06:18:21 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

When it went public.

What's your favorite search engine now? Everyone?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

Look at the early posts..from 2009 or before. Missed those didnt you?

(Grin)

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

Not a lot there, either. Well, thanks for trying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

Google does the best it can do..but Blush!!...it cant do everything.

I use Google as a tool, but only one of several in the tool box.
Sometimes one simply has to use other tools.

Ive got an engine running that is looking for Scott welder stuff,
there is more out there..but many of the sites where it was mentioned
are gone now..such as Geocities and others.

As you will notice...that alternator welder was well regarded.
Shrug..its not rocket science, its just a heavily wired alternator
with a diode pack that will handle up to 125 amps of DC

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

Look at the early posts..from 2009 or before. Missed those didnt you?

(Grin)

Yup. I scrolled DOWN for some reason. I'll now go look at the
rest of the articles, now that I know they're there.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

Not a lot there, either. Well, thanks for trying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

Google does the best it can do..but Blush!!...it cant do everything.

I use Google as a tool, but only one of several in the tool box.
Sometimes one simply has to use other tools.

What do you think of the new, non-tracking DuckDuckGo?

Ive got an engine running that is looking for Scott welder stuff,
there is more out there..but many of the sites where it was mentioned
are gone now..such as Geocities and others.

As you will notice...that alternator welder was well regarded.
Shrug..its not rocket science, its just a heavily wired alternator
with a diode pack that will handle up to 125 amps of DC

Yeah, and the one I have here is a much better deal (~$260 less) than
the new ones on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/k9o75kh

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

Look at the early posts..from 2009 or before. Missed those didnt you?

(Grin)

Hell's Bells, mon. Nothing worthwhile there, either. Got a line on a
user manual for the beastie yet? I'd love to see one. Specs, etc.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

Look at the early posts..from 2009 or before. Missed those didnt you?

(Grin)

Yup. I scrolled DOWN for some reason. I'll now go look at the
rest of the articles, now that I know they're there.

I googledit and found this as the best source yet:
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...-amp-dc-welder
It links to an Esab/Scott 125 manual in German/English/Swedish?, too.

Can anyone please translate the tech data (direction/rpm/torque/hp
requirements) for me? Is it 8500 or 3600 vrooms per minuten?
B&S 8.0 hongkongs (5.9kw)?

Hurray!

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

My main search engine. Its ALMOST as good as Google. But they are
working on it.

Ive got an engine running that is looking for Scott welder stuff,
there is more out there..but many of the sites where it was mentioned
are gone now..such as Geocities and others.

As you will notice...that alternator welder was well regarded.
Shrug..its not rocket science, its just a heavily wired alternator
with a diode pack that will handle up to 125 amps of DC

Yeah, and the one I have here is a much better deal (~$260 less) than
the new ones on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/k9o75kh

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nope..last serious discussion I found on them was back in the early
2000s and it was on MySpace or someplace similar.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.4crawler.com/Welding/alternator.txt

See the page for diagram

From: Carl Byrns mailto Newsgroups: news:rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: DIY arc welder- the post
Date: 24 Mar 2000 10:51:53 EST

I've gotten a ton of e-mail on this. Here's a copy of the original
post:

Note:
I washed it through my spell checker and fixed some errors. Looks like
fun to build.

-Carl

Some years ago my economic status was on the tight side and I had need
of the use of an arc welder. A friend of mine had a portable DC welder
manufactured by the Scott company, which he loaned to me. It was very
interesting, as it was quite small and looked like a portable standby
generator minus the roll cradle.

It certainly wasn't the gas driven Lincoln arc welders that were
common
to contractors in that day (late 70s). Those monstrosities took up the
better part of the bed of a full size pick-up truck The unit was
advertised at 125 amps DC, and it was powered by an 8 horsepower
Briggs
and Stratton engine. It weighed less than 100 lbs, and it could be
carried by one person, though it was it bit on the awkward side.
Mounted on the engine was a small box about 10 inches on a side with a
potentiometer and Miller brand type welding lead connectors. What was
in that small box that changed 8 Briggs and Stratton horsepower into
120 amps of DC welding power? I really wanted to know that secret.

Despite its diminutive stature I knew that you could actually weld
with
it as a contractor at work had one and I had personally observed it
working.

During the course of my using it, naturally, the belt broke. Of course
this was no ordinary belt, it was only about 1/4 inch wide instead of
the 1/2 inch or more of a typical "v" belt. I finally tracked down the
Scott dealer, as this happened to be a quasi holiday, (Christmas eve
day and Christmas was on a Saturday). The manager just happened to be
working at his store/shop and while he was no longer the Scott welder
dealer, he did have some parts, ie,. the belt.

I drove over to this place and found a small assembly shop, that was
making, you guessed it, portable DC welders of the Scott Welder type.
Being the curious type I not only purchased a belt, but got a tour of
the factory and found out what was in that box. Would you believe a
Delco alternator, some diodes, heat sinks, and a small controller
circuit. The owner explained how after he lost the Scott dealership,
how he decided to make his own. He did some reverse engineering and a
lot of messing around in his garage and brewed up his design which was
called an APACHE welder.

Anyway he bought Delco Alternators from GM with the stators not wound.
He had worked out the appropriate windings and hired people to wind
them for his operation. He explained the control circuit and even how
he used the magneto of the engine to help the self-excitation process
get started.

Hot dog, I now knew how to build a welder. I had the engine and Chief
auto parts had lots of Delco alternators. I bought a rebuilt 60 amp
model, no built in regulator, and took it home. After tearing it
apart,
expecting to find fairly small wire in the stator, I was surprised to
find that it looked like the same size wire the SCOTT guy was winding
into his alternators. Great, I won't bother ripping that stuff out,
I'll just slide some 32 gauge stuff in between for my field windings,
throw in a bunch of rectifiers, pots, capacitors, and wahhla! I will
have a welder.

Well the long and short of it is, that you can make a welder this way.
It wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be, but I learned a lot
about 3 phase power, Y connected and Delta connected, transformer
effects, and bunch of other stuff. It wasn't entirely cheap either
although my home brew machine was less than 1/2 of a new one, even if
had went out and purchased a new engine which I didn't. A real good
scrounger could probably do this for less than $200 engine included.
The engine is the single most expensive item.

Delco alternators from the 60s and 70s without the built in regulator
are the most suitable. It needs to be at least the 60 amp size or
larger. You could use one of the newer integral mounted regulators,
but in the past they were more expensive. That may no longer be true.
I don't think Chrysler alternators will work as they are already delta
connected where as the Delco ones are "Y" connected. You need the
Delta
connections.

A 60 amp Delco alternator is capable of 110-120 amps if it is
reconnected in a Delta configuration. They come "Y" connected.
Basically you buy the alternator, take it apart, throw out the diodes
and the regulator if it has one. Then find where the 3 phases of the
stator are tied together and undo that connection. In a "Y"
connection, one end of each of the 3 phases is connected together. In
a "Delta" connection, the 2 ends of 2 phases are tied together. If
the windings are drawn as a series of loops along a straight line, the
3 windings form the sides of a triangle, which is the symbol for the
Greek letter delta. The "Y" connection schematically looks like a
"Y".

Changing this configuration will lower the output voltage and raise
the
current by a factor of 1.732 (square root of 3). This will give you an
open circuit voltage of about 50-60 volts and about 20 volts when you
are welding and maximum continuous output of 104 amps (60 x 1.732).
The math and theory behind the actions of a 3 phase circuit can be
rather daunting. If the reader is so inclined there are numerous
books
around that will explain far better than I ever could. Suffice to say
it works and certainly isn't new. Almost all of the power grid in the
US uses 3 phase circuitry. Your house typically has only one phase
hooked up to it.

You can safely overdrive the system to 125 amps if you keep the duty
cycle down. I have never have had to stop and let the unit cool down
in my use of it. The time required to change rods and restart would
probably be sufficient to prevent melt down of the windings at 125
amps.

The alternator has to spin a bunch to do this. You need about a 3 to 1
increase in speed to do this. This means at 3600 rpm engine speed,
the
alternator is doing about 11,000 rpm. Not to worry. Check out a small
block Chevy. It depends on the gear ratio, but if you were blasting
down the freeway in the old days (75 mph) the Chevy motor was doing
2500-3000 rpm. The crankshaft pulley is about the size that you are
looking for, which means that the alternator is buzzing along at 9000
or so rpm. Stomp on it and passing gear will get you well above the
11,000 that your welder is running at. So the engineers at GM have
already considered this form of abuse for you.

The existing diodes are too small, so they get canned. You need at
least 25 amp 200 volt PIV diodes. Get 3, stud-to-anode and 3
stud-to-cathode. Fortunately these are fairly cheap, few bucks,
bigger
is better, but anything over 50 amps is overkill.

You need 2 heat sinks with plenty of fins like you see in large audio
amplifiers. You mount 3 of the diodes of one polarity on one of the
heat sinks and the other 3 on the other heat sink. If you don't
insulate the diodes from the heat sinks then the heat sinks become a
common conductor for the 3 diodes and one is (+) and the other (-).
This assumes that the two heat sinks are electrically insulated from
each other. If you follow this suggestion then you must follow the
suggestion to buy the diodes as cathode to stud and anode to stud
types. You can do it with all one type but it is more difficult and
messier as a connection must now be made to the stud portions of the
diodes and you need to electrically isolate the diodes from the heat
sinks.

Electrically isolate the heat sinks from the cabinet by mounting them
on isolation shock mounts. These typically come either with threaded
studs, or threaded inserts. I used ones that were about an inch in
diameter and had 1/4-20 threaded studs on them. Connect your welding
leads to the heat sinks. One is positive, the other negative. I
bought some female connectors at a welding shop. They sometimes
referred to as Miller style. They are a tapered brass rods that mate
with a tapered sockets. I mounted these sockets on the side so that my
welding cables were not permanent with the welder. The sockets come
and red and black so that you can keep the polarity correct.

You can get the shock mounts from Grangers. The diodes form factor is
D0-5 shape and most electrical/electronic supply houses carry them. A
1N1186 or 1N1188 should work fine.

For excitation I found that the self excitation route was a pain, so I
obtained a small permanent magnet motor. You need 3 amps at 16 volts.
Burdens surplus catalog has bunches of them. I used a vacuum cleaner
belts to drive the motor and made pulleys to give about a 2 to 1
increase in the crankshaft speed. This ratio will vary depending on
what kind of motor you end up buying, but the permanent magnet motor
will have to be driven at least the rated nameplate speed to get
anywhere near the maximum nameplate current rating.

A simple power rheostat will suffice to control the field although a
simple power transistor circuit out of a Radio Shack book is a nice
touch and it is what I evolved the circuit to.

I made a small box about 12 inches on a side and 6 inches deep. On
one
of the 12x12 sides I cut a hole to match the shape of the alternator.
Make the other 12x12 a removable door. The older GM alternators have 4
screws to hold them together. I removed the screws and made the hole
in
the box to fit over the end of the alternator with appropriate bumps
match the casing. I bored holes in the bumps to match where the screws
went. Then I put the screws back in and now I had an alternator with
box on its back side. I mounted the heat sinks on rubber shock mounts
which are electrical insulators and help protect the diodes from all
the engine vibrations. If you drill some holes in the cover and on the
bottom under the heat sinks, the fan on the alternator will now draw
air over the heat sinks and keep the whole thing cool.

I constructed a mounting bracket that bolted to the gasoline engine.
The alternator sits above the crankshaft, although it could be mounted
on the side. Alternators are not direction sensitive when it comes to
generating electricity. However, the cooling fan may not be as
efficient when operated in a reverse direction but the effect would
probably not be harmful. Also the brushed are mounted off to one side
for the direction of rotation. There are many approaches to mounting
the alternator and it is a matter of preference and what kind of
engine
you mount it on.

The welder will run 3/32 rod quite nicely and if you push it, 1/8".
It
is a little hard to get the arc started and an arc stabilizer from
Burdens would probably help.

I still have mine and I made a second one for my brother. I went so
far as to make a foot control for it and used it with a tig torch.
Works pretty good. I haven't fried any diodes yet.

SURPLUS CENTER
1015 West "O" Street
P.O. Box 82209
Lincoln, Ne 68501-2209

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

When it went public.

What's your favorite search engine now? Everyone?

DuckDuckGo

It doesn't track you -- and offdf results which *sell* something related
close to you, instead of the actual manufacturer who you want to contact
to get manuals from. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I realized (12 seconds later, on my second scan through the pages)
that there were two pages of tech data, in each of the 3 languages, so
I already had what I needed. Oh, the impatience of yout.