Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kudos to Scott's

I have an older Scotts rotary spreader, SR 3500 or some such.

Had a mechanical problem, details not important.

Called Scott's last Saturday, May 26, start of a 3 day weekend.

Reached a nice fellow, described my problem,
and he gave me good instructions as to how to remedy it.
He warned me that a certain internal plasic part in the flow
rate settig cylinder might be broken, and told me that he was
sending me a complt handle and flow rate control part
replacement.

This thing is long out of warranty / guaranty, and at first I was
surprised. Grateful, but surprised.

As I thought about it, I realized that Scotts is far
more interested in selling lawn chemicals than spreaders.
Thats where the repeat money making business is.
Sort of like Gillettte in the late '40s and '50s just about giving
away "safety razors" so you'd buy "Gillette Blue Blades".

I was able to fix the spreader flow control with the instructions
the guy gave me.

Part showed up yesterday (Friday, June 1) by FedEx Ground.

Nice work Scott's. Folks available to give repair instructions on
a Saturday of a 3 day weekend; free parts for an out of warranty /
guaranty unit, and Scott's eats the cost of FedEx grund shipping.

Thats pretty good.

and told me that he was

Kudos to Grizzly todd Woodworking 17 March 16th 07 07:19 PM
Kudos to Amazon! Leuf Woodworking 3 March 13th 06 02:23 AM
Delta Kudos [email protected] Woodworking 2 May 14th 05 02:09 AM
Kudos to Eagle America [email protected] Woodworking 5 May 9th 04 02:16 AM
Kudos for Home Depot L Beck Home Repair 43 February 2nd 04 12:39 AM