Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default scott portable welder

On Saturday, August 30, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, mlightner wrote:
I recently acquired a DC welder with the name H C Scott Industries on it
- it has what looks like a car alternator mounted inside an 8" x 8" x12"
frame, and has an outlet for
plugging power tools into125VDC, (rated at 12 amps). The welder portion
of it consists
of two terminals for the leads and a dial that selects from 35 to 135
amps. I had no luck
finding the manufacturer of it, though there is an address still
readable (a po box in New Mexico) on the housing.

Has anyone out there had any experience with one of these? The unit
didn't come with
a motor, and has a few wires I need to ID, but all the diodes seem to
read ok. The bearings also seem allright, does anyone out there have
any suggestions (or better yet
technical literature on it) as to rpm or hp needed to run it?

Thanks for any light shed on this subject.

josh

Hello, I had one of these Scott welders I cannot give any information on repair for I no longer own it but it was a great little welder, get it repaired if you can! a great little portable gas welder 1 person can carry up stairs wish I still had it.