Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default scott portable welder

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:16:46 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:44:51 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

Not a lot there, either. Well, thanks for trying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,