Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default scott portable welder

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:24:52 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:39:04 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:58:42 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:16:46 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:44:51 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Question: Have you run these? How much torque do they take to pump
out the amps? Output voltage @ various amperages?

Logjam grant, 4/26/2005, 3:45pm http://tinyurl.com/k3gsb7h
"Here is my alternator test cart. It has 2 5HP motors. Will give me
about 330A before both motors stall. I can only get about 125A off one
motor before the temperature breaker blows."

Hmm, takes 5hp for 125A and 10hp to get 330A? I won't be getting
welding current out of it from a bicycle, but I'm sure I can get
1-200w @12v for charging batteries on bad solar days.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/uJuE2eJgkfk

Um, that's the thread we're on now. Nothing new here.

Look at the early posts..from 2009 or before. Missed those didnt you?

(Grin)

Yup. I scrolled DOWN for some reason. I'll now go look at the
rest of the articles, now that I know they're there.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...p/t-17979.html

Not a lot there, either. Well, thanks for trying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scott+alternator+welding+machine&safe=off &biw=1280&bih=878&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X& ei=7gi7VJeROImdyASTooDgCg&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Gee, what hath Google wrought? What a mess! I saw the name Scott
there a couple times, but apparently, no welding machines by Scott
were in the link. When did Google become irrelevant?

Google does the best it can do..but Blush!!...it cant do everything.

I use Google as a tool, but only one of several in the tool box.
Sometimes one simply has to use other tools.

What do you think of the new, non-tracking DuckDuckGo?

My main search engine. Its ALMOST as good as Google. But they are
working on it.

Ive got an engine running that is looking for Scott welder stuff,
there is more out there..but many of the sites where it was mentioned
are gone now..such as Geocities and others.

As you will notice...that alternator welder was well regarded.
Shrug..its not rocket science, its just a heavily wired alternator
with a diode pack that will handle up to 125 amps of DC

Yeah, and the one I have here is a much better deal (~$260 less) than
the new ones on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/k9o75kh

PJ O'Rourke